Open Pandora Oolite

Information, contacts and source code for ports to Linux, Windows, etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

edgepixel
Average
Average

Re: Open Pandora Oolite

Post by edgepixel »

I think I can tackle the font legibility problem for Ooolite on the Pandora. More info on the Pandora forum >>> here <<<.
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

Hi, there's so much work going on with the Pandora port of oolite at the mo, with the input of Edge, Dizzie and others which is brilliant :) . I'd like to ask the advice of those in the know about something that doesn't display on the Pandoras 800x480 4.3" widescreen.. which are the mfd's... it dosent matter which mfds are added, none of them are displayed on the Pandoras screen. Is this due to the resolution etc? I wouldve thought (being naive) that the mfd's would simply "fit in" to whatever screen it was shown on.. having looked at a number of posts wth regards to the x and y origin of the mfd's... do they need to be manually "corrected" t fit on such a small screen? or is there another reason....
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

milinks wrote:
Hi, there's so much work going on with the Pandora port of oolite at the mo, with the input of Edge, Dizzie and others which is brilliant :) . I'd like to ask the advice of those in the know about something that doesn't display on the Pandoras 800x480 4.3" widescreen.. which are the mfd's... it dosent matter which mfds are added, none of them are displayed on the Pandoras screen. Is this due to the resolution etc? I wouldve thought (being naive) that the mfd's would simply "fit in" to whatever screen it was shown on.. having looked at a number of posts wth regards to the x and y origin of the mfd's... do they need to be manually "corrected" t fit on such a small screen? or is there another reason....

Erm... I have no such issue. Could this relate to your use of NumericHUD? I use smivs' CombatHUD on my Pandora and the MFDs appear at the top left of the 4:3 area in the middle of the screen.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

OOps! Having updated the numericHUD to the new version to include mfd's, i thought it would incorporate them now, its obviously an issue with the NumericHUD on the Pandora, one thing ihave noticed is the new version slows the Pandora down a lot, so i'll change my HUD, many thanks :)
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

@Neelix - i don't know whats happening... but i swapped to smivs combat HUD just to make sure, but stlll no joy, i'm running the updated PND to 1.80 with no other HUDs etc, but i'm not getting any mfd's displaying :(

edit: scratch my last, its conflicting mfd's not the actuall HUD thats the problem, the mfd i was using as benchmark was the manifest mfd, having deleted that and used the useful mfd oxp, it now works :?
Thanks for your input Neelix :)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

milinks wrote:
@Neelix - i don't know whats happening... but i swapped to smivs combat HUD just to make sure, but stlll no joy, i'm running the updated PND to 1.80 with no other HUDs etc, but i'm not getting any mfd's displaying :(

edit: scratch my last, its conflicting mfd's not the actuall HUD thats the problem, the mfd i was using as benchmark was the manifest mfd, having deleted that and used the useful mfd oxp, it now works :?
Thanks for your input Neelix :)
Does it still do that with the 1.0 version of the manifest mfd? Don't see any reason for conflicts, but then again, one seldom does.

Oh. And this must be a stupid note, but MFDs must be activated for them to show. Useful mfds oxp is a bit different, it forces the generic mfd to open on every launch.
milinks
Deadly
Deadly

Post by milinks »

I believe the issue with regards to the mfd's is the actual keys used to activate/choose them. with the Pandora, the ":" and ";" keys aren't activated within the Oolite port, so it's a case of finding other keys/combinations that can be used for the mfd's to see if i can get them to work..

edit: cancel this, written with a defunct brain :(