Selezen In Shameless Marketing Ploy

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Selezen In Shameless Marketing Ploy

Post by Selezen »

I think it's about time I revealed why I don't do much in the way of ship modelling any more... :-)

I've been working like mad to start up my own small business these last couple of years and after a larger number of false starts and shouting matches with my business partner I've finally got a product ready for launch.

The company is called MadCap Media and it's a paper and card model production business. There are two sides to the business: the original focus was on designing model kits for all levels of experience, but I recently took the decision to branch out into card-model based board games and wargames. It's that part of it that has finally got a product on the shelves!

The first product is a football game (shamelessly cashing in on world cup fever) and the next product for release will be a wargame with model rules that will allow any type of vehicle to be used - even Elite ships!!

So could you please visit the online shop and have a browse, and if you're interested please buy!! Since I have a proper job too, all profits will go into the business, thereby improving the production values relatively quickly. At least that's the hope!!

Either click on the big green image in my signature or visit http://www.madcapcentral.com!!

Thanks, guys. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Can I make a suggestion? What about an uncoloured team sheet, so that people can make their own team colours?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Paper models nice idea something like this?
http://mektek.net/forums/lofiversion/in ... 28858.html

I would imagine you could "box up" a whole load of things quite easily. ship to ship battles (water and space), simple robots etc etc etc
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

JazHaz wrote:
Can I make a suggestion? What about an uncoloured team sheet, so that people can make their own team colours?
That's the plan, actually - once I get the second product finalised I'll be concentrating on the custom options. The shop code lets me define parameters and has a custom text box for the order so I can let people get creative.

@ClymAngus: yep, that's the sort of thing. Maybe not as complex as that model to start out with (although that was the original plan, and I have a couple of tanks and cars in my designs folder that would be about that level of complexity).

The wargame idea I have is FULL of potential for expansions. I already have designs for three expansions that just need to be drawn up.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

being a paper dude you may be able to answer this for me. Most of the counter games I've ever had (games workshop mainly, with some others) have been paper backed onto dense card and then lightly laminated is there any way of faking this kind of style without expensive manufacturing techniques?

Ooo found some stuff!
http://www.bgdf.com/node/127
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

80 to 100 gsm paper, two light dustings of satin finish spray varnish would do the trick.

Either that or a light spray adhesive. Dunno really. Been looking for a decent way for a while.

I think the usual method is a special coated paper.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

Nice one bud, hope it goes great for you. i've got a couple of cafepress shops on the go, kinda break even. i had an idea for a zombies vs vampires board game based on my fave comics, started doing it in DarkBASIC as a 3d version. had most of the stuff laid out then realised i needed a 1 player vs puter option and i just got effed up trying to work out some AI for the puter :-(