Trunk, funny bug: Scooping ghosts

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Trunk, funny bug: Scooping ghosts

Post by Screet »

Hi,

I just had a funny experience...initially, it wasn't much fun as that cascade missile got me, but after my ship exploded (together with all those pirates) some debries flew towards me while I was reading "press space" and then the scooping sound did start!

Can dead ships still scoop things or is this only a ghost ability for dead players? ;)

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Talking about ghosts (in trunk):

I was yesterday attacked by a ghost-asp. My shots went right through it and I could not ram it. I just flew trough it. But his shots hit my shields hard :cry:

Not being able to target it, I went into the console looked for system.allShips[x].inspect(). I changed "x" until I had him in my target inspector. That ship had STATUS_DEAD but all other functions were fully alive. AI was working as normal.

Just the day before I had something similar with a derelict ship. That was also non-collidable. A new bug or just coincidental that it happened twice in a row and never before?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
Just the day before I had something similar with a derelict ship. That was also non-collidable. A new bug or just coincidental that it happened twice in a row and never before?
With my undead playership that makes three incidents in a short time period with nothing like that showing up before (at least I never heard of it) so I'd guess it's a new bug introduced to trunk ;)

Screet
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It would be helpful to know if there are any log messages about exceptions preceding this.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
It would be helpful to know if there are any log messages about exceptions preceding this.
None that seems relevant, I looked. I did have:

Code: Select all

[script.load.badName] OOScript.m:210: ***** Don't know how to load a script from .
[script.load.badName] OOScript.m:210: ***** Don't know how to load a script from .
Just happened again. This time a ship that was fruitless trying to scoop cargo.:

> system.allShips[2]
[Ship "Moray Star Boat" ID: 372 position: (10198.7, -8421.92, 10867.1) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_DEAD]
However this ship had oolites default script.

One new thing is that this ship ( and the previous) was added with the new command:

System.addGroupToRoute(this.pirate, 3, 0, "wp")
I know because I still see it is a group member that must have been added by that command. The group is now reduced to 2 and the other seems to be converted into a derelict by now. Yesterday it was a group of one member.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Eric Walch wrote:
Just happened again. This time a ship that was fruitless trying to scoop cargo.:

> system.allShips[2]
[Ship "Moray Star Boat" ID: 372 position: (10198.7, -8421.92, 10867.1) scanClass: CLASS_NEUTRAL status: STATUS_DEAD]
Had you updated to r2927 at the time?
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
Eric Walch wrote:

> system.allShips[2]
No I just build it now.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Back to scooping when dead: though that didn't happen to me, at least 1 in 4 times some equipment got damaged a couple of seconds after the ship had already exploded. (This has been happening since at least 1.71, but I'm pretty sure it was there before)

I did put some extra 'dead' code to try and avoid the equipment damaged thing in trunk, but I've just thought of a way to avoid the scoop after death experience too!(hmm, that sounds very wrong)

BRB! :P
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

I've got a fix for scooping after death :!:, and I'll commit that to trunk this evening. I've also taken the liberty of removing the occasional 'target lost' & 'view aft' messages that would pop up on screen at game over from time to time! :)
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
Still no ghosts found but I was killed in a heavy battle with as result an Oolite crash. In the log:

[private-test] OOJSGlobal.m:200: Player died because of: energy damage
[universe.zombie] Universe.m:5577: ***** ERROR: Found dead entity <PlayerEntity 0xb17c00>{"Boa Class Cruiser" ID: 100 position: (-1021.83, -3.32716, -1219.4) scanClass: CLASS_PLAYER status: STATUS_DEAD} in active entity list, removing. This is an internal error, please report it.
First line is from a shipDied() handler in a private script .

The crashlog was also not helpfull:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   libobjc.A.dylib               	0x9698e688 objc_msgSend + 24
1   org.aegidian.oolite           	0x00013878 -[GameController doPerformGameTick] + 450 (GameController.m:323)
2   org.aegidian.oolite           	0x000136b0 -[GameController performGameTick:] + 42 (GameController.m:291)
3   com.apple.Foundation          	0x9520b507 __NSFireTimer + 279
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

It turns out that yesterday's zombies killer was a bit too keen! That crash was fixed in rev2930 earlier on this morning... ;)