Griff's normalmapped ship remakes

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Griff's normalmapped ship remakes

Post by Griff »

Wiki homepage for the OXP: [wiki]Griff Industries[/wiki] - includes ship screenshots

Download location (box.com): https://app.box.com/s/cigqflqenyoe4a3zr571y3hrrbwne07c

Remember to also download and install the decal OXP or you'll get big blank squares appearing on your ship and messages in your log about missing decal textures.

Some other non-core-shipset ships and stuff here (gnat, bug, griffin etc)
http://www.box.com/shared/rpkms25cc9
Last edited by Griff on Wed May 13, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 105 times in total.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Cool!

If I hadn't just downloaded all the individual files...

And "Wot no boa" pic? :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

D_H, there's not much difference between these files and the the original uploads scattered amonst the ruining the classics thread, the main change has been that most files and textures have been renamed into some sort of ordered theme, the sidewinder got a lot less shiny, the viper oxp got a 3 engines interceptor version, and all the spawn scripts and savegames got taken out (plus any ships that originaly had a player flyable version which shoudn't be got removed too, so no whizzing around in a police viper anymore :cry: )

I'm hoping to do another version of the boa, one closer to the original shape for this set of ships
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

In one word: nice! :D

Can't wait to see the next ones in the series! ;)

But we do need do need to rename the existing Griff Boa (& the first Griff Krait!) It'd be a real shame if those two were lost in the bb forever!
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Very nice. I downloaded the set and I've just been out flying amongst them.

Just...cool!

Thanks Griff.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Brilliant :D

Had a look, but already have all of them.

Keep up the good work, Griff :wink:

L
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Wow. We all knew that your ships are beautiful but seeing them all together is a class of it's own. Vote for 'King Griff'!!
wackyman465
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by wackyman465 »

Long live the king!
I shot him back first. That is to say, I read his mind and fired before he would have fired on me. No, sir, he wasn't a fugitive.
Cmd. Cheyd
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Deep Horizon Industries Manufacturing & Research Site somewhere in G8...

Post by Cmd. Cheyd »

Griff -
Loaded up the new 1.73 and pretty much all your OXP's linked here. Love them all, but I did notice the following in my Latest.Log...

Code: Select all

[shader.compile.fragment.failure]: ***** GLSL fragment shader compilation failed for griff_viper-pursuit.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:
0(33) : error C1038: declaration of "redflasher" conflicts with previous declaration at 0(21)

[shader.compile.fragment.failure]: ***** GLSL fragment shader compilation failed for griff_viper-pursuit.fragment:
>>>>> GLSL log:
0(33) : error C1038: declaration of "redflasher" conflicts with previous declaration at 0(21)
Win, Vista x64, Nvidia 8800GTS, the following OXP's are installed:
(Resources, ../AddOns, ../AddOns/griff_adder_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_blinged_ferdelance.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_cobra1_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_cobra3_normalmapped_less_scuffed.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_coriolis_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_coriolis_normalmapped_2.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_ferdelance_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_ferdelance_normalmapped_scuffed_texture.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_krait_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_sidewinder_normal_mapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_thargoids_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_viper_normalmapped.oxp, ../AddOns/griff_worm_normalmapped.oxp, "../AddOns/Ore_processor 1.53.oxp", "../AddOns/Pirate_coves 1.2.1.oxp")
[/code]
Cody

Post by Cody »

Yeah, I have the same error message.

Section of Latest.log:

>>>>> GLSL log:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 1:28: 'redflasher' : redefinition
ERROR: compilation errors. No code generated.

>>>>> GLSL log:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 1:28: 'redflasher' : redefinition
ERROR: compilation errors. No code generated.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Any chance the other Griff_Fresnel_Thargoid can somehow make an appearance? It just looks so.. alien.. awesome ship!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

oops, sorry about that everyone. I've fixed the vipers oxp and re-uploaded it.
If you'd like to fix the error yourself, you just need to open the 'Shaders' folder in the griff_viper_normalmapped oxp, then open 'griff_viper_pursuit.fragment' using a text editor, find line 16 which reads

Code: Select all

vec4 redflasher = vec4(1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0); 
and delete it, if you notice the same line is repeated a bit further down at line 27, it's because it appears twice that the shader is not working.

I'll make a matching tharglet for the organic looking thargoid and upload it a bit later today
Cody

Post by Cody »

Thanks Griff.

Just deleted the offending line - everything is fine now.

Regards
Wolfwood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wolfwood »

Drool!

Do these replace the originals or do I have to go and modify the files in order to get rid of the old ones?
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

I've added in the 'Organic' style Thargoids & Tharglets, same link as the other ships, it appears in the list as Griff_Thargoids_organic_normalmapped.zip

Just for the sake of completeness, i've uploaded the original (very bumpy and gritty) version of the cobra Mk III, it appears as Griff_Cobra_Mk3_normalmapped_original_scuffed_texture.zip, the only difference between this version and the other one are the texturemaps.

@Wolfwood - they won't replace the built in ships, they'll just appear alongside them. If i'd have been thinking properly, i should have included a new Commander Jameson save file with the ship swapped for the Griff_normal mapped cobra when you download that oxp, saves having to find and buy one when you start the game if you want to fly it.