Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

oolite and sdl

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

harry747
Deadly
Deadly

oolite and sdl

Post by harry747 »

hi.

is there any reason not to use sdl in oolite? i ask because sdl has joystick support which is missing from the mac version of oolite...
MacBook pro, OSX 10.8.5, Xcode 5
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Hi Harry,

I posted some patches to enable gamepad support, if you compile Oolite yourself check it out and let me know how it works for you.

Cheers,
-Maik
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

Now that development continues again thanks to webbasan joining: does someone know why SDL is not used in the OS X version? Judging from what I read on the SDL pages and the changelog for 1.2.14 it seems to be the path of least resistance. Was there a reason that it was not considered for the event stuff on Macs?
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

maik wrote:
Now that development continues again thanks to webbasan joining: does someone know why SDL is not used in the OS X version? Judging from what I read on the SDL pages and the changelog for 1.2.14 it seems to be the path of least resistance. Was there a reason that it was not considered for the event stuff on Macs?
Because the game was written for the Mac, the Mac event model was used (==path of very least resistance).
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

aegidian wrote:
maik wrote:
Because the game was written for the Mac, the Mac event model was used (==path of very least resistance).
Good news--I was hoping there is no technical reason :)