Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Expansion Manager - installed but no longer available

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

NChw
Above Average
Above Average

Expansion Manager - installed but no longer available

Post by NChw »

Can you tell me a little more about oxps that are blue and labelled 'installed but no longer available for download'?

The expansion manager shows several where I have installed an earlier version, there is a later version that is very recent, but 'no longer available'

e.g. I have version 6.59 of Fer-de-Lance-3G installed and it was updated to 6.6 on 2021-12-30, but is no longer available...

Should I remove the installed version because of some conflict?
Would the new version then become available?
tsoj
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Expansion Manager - installed but no longer available

Post by tsoj »

The problem is, that version 6.59 is bigger than 6.6. The intention was probably to have a version 6.5.9 but the way it is, the expansion manager thinks that you have a later version (version 59) installed than the one that is available online (version 6).

So yes, you should first remove the installed version, and then install the new one.
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

tsoj wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:21 pm
The problem is, that version 6.59 is bigger than 6.6. The intention was probably to have a version 6.5.9 but the way it is, the expansion manager thinks that you have a later version (version 59) installed than the one that is available online (version 6).

So yes, you should first remove the installed version, and then install the new one.
Again I believe we should shed some light on the OXZ release/registration in Expansion Manager process. Some little tweaks could actually prevent such situations.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

NChw wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:03 am
Hi to everyone,

I am new to this forum, but was an account holder on a previous bulletin board.

I played Elite on a BBC-B and then later on a IBM compatible :P windows PC.

After many years, I played a lot of X and X2, but my hardware was not up to standard to get onto X3 and beyond.

I discovered Oolite when running LinuxMint as my main OS, and have been playing it for years. I am back onto windows (because of work) on a much better machine now.

I continue to be impressed with the game and the superb OXP/OXZ additions.

A big thank you to everyone involved.
Hope all is well at your end of things.

Which oxp/oxz's do you like the best? And is there anything we don't have that you would like to see in the game?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?