Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

what is your rig?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
Chrisfs wrote:
The Moray Starboat was a great starter
does anyone know whether there's any difference between the Moray "Star" and "Medical" variants, apart from the paint job & the tendency of npc Medical boats to exude narcotics when shot??
The Medical Boat has 22 tons max cargo space, and the Star Boat has only 7 tons. However the Medical Boat has only the forward gun mounting, the Star Boat has all four. Apart from that they are pretty much the same.

Info taken from the Ship Data table on the Wiki.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

aha :idea: it must have LargeCargoBay option available!

it wouldn't be a bad choice, then
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
aha :idea: it must have LargeCargoBay option available!

it wouldn't be a bad choice, then
From what I understand both of those ships tonnage is *with* a cargo bay extension.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

the Ext Cargo Cap. figure in the chart (about ships) is the max cargo available with whatever extended cargo capacity applies to that model, which might be 0t

The Moray Star Boat has no LgeCgoBay option, its max capacity is 7t
The Moray Medical Boat has 15t extended cargo capacity = max of 22t

(having just checked these at the Leesti shipyards I now wish that I'd bought one for my latest Jameson -- will try to remember for next time)
Pansen
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pansen »

I bought a python and later the Python XT(?) special (much faster than a normal python) to make lots of money trading.

I switched between the python XT and the cobra courier (to do some bounty hunting and assassinations) and later bought a mussurana void yacht - really maneouverable, and great looking ship IMO with an interesting background - expensive, though. Used the mussurana for many of the gal 7 assassins missions.

I am currently using the old Caduceus, which is very powerful, but no longer available, as I understand it - think it was powered down for the neo-caduceus oxp, which I really should download - feel like I'm cheating with the old one!
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Caduceus were fun with the plasma turrets. Have they fixed it's tendency to get crashed into and docking probs?
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

I have a Caduceus saved but have never been able to get the plasma turrets to work. Weapons, whether lasers or plasma things, are not available to purchase for side mounts.

edit: just took a quick test flight to try plasma turrets again, and in order to attract some targets at Lave, inadvertently shot the nav. buoy (officer). Well the officer was immune to reason, and summoned up a few of his mates. I e-bombed the lot of them, which only attracted MORE! Are they only employing suicidal maniacs at GalCop these days? I wondered as I shot them up ,, ,, eventually I got sick of that, scooped a bit of debris and executed a rather cavalier manual docking at high speed scrape gouge IMAGINE my SURPRISE to see that my STATUS was CLEAN!
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
Well the officer was immune to reason, and summoned up a few of his mates. I e-bombed the lot of them, which only attracted MORE! Are they only employing suicidal maniacs at GalCop these days? I wondered as I shot them up ,, ,, eventually I got sick of that, scooped a bit of debris and executed a rather cavalier manual docking at high speed[/color] scrape gouge IMAGINE my SURPRISE to see that my STATUS was CLEAN!
You mean you killed a load of police in the station zone and got away scot-free? Sounds like a bug to me!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

Yes, in between the nav. buoy and the space station. It's never happened before, as far as I know, but as I'm usually a fugitive, I don't really check status much - or try docking computers. Unless I know I'm OK..
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

I have a Boa Class Cruiser.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
bigmike20vt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by bigmike20vt »

interesting read, gives me some ideas for my next upgrade.

i want something with a bit more cargo space perhaps, not as slow as a snail and that can carry a bunch.

a python cruiser may get a test run in the future :)
Fiat Coupe, helping motorists break the speed limit since 1993.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

bigmike20vt wrote:
not as slow as a snail .. can carry a bunch.
There is a great "external view" looking out of the scoop, which is located underneath the PythonClassCruiser (you can see it in pictures of this model for example at http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Python_Class_Cruiser).
FSOneblin
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by FSOneblin »

I fly a Python Class Cruiser "The Graceful Sofia". It is sometimes called "The Slavers Worst Nightmare".

FSOneblin
Don't panic

Now an "adult!"
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Started a new Jameson save today. No ships available at Lave, so I went to Zaonce. A few ships available there. Bought a nice Mamba!

Excellent ship. I remember these from the original BBC Elite, always thought these were the nicest wireframe designs apart from the Cobra. :)
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
Started a new Jameson save today. No ships available at Lave, so I went to Zaonce. A few ships available there. Bought a nice Mamba!

Excellent ship. I remember these from the original BBC Elite, always thought these were the nicest wireframe designs apart from the Cobra. :)
A Mamba? You shouldn't be able to buy a Mamba - they're not jump capable so unless you wanted to fall through random wormholes created by other ships...

So I thought these ships weren't available from the shipyard? (Do you have RS/OE installed?)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here