Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

The Feudal States

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Ahruman wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Persuade dev's to put it in the code? :wink:
EMMSTRAN. EMMSTRAN, I say!
...and just when I started to be comfortable with saying 'post-MNSR'! Ok, ok, EMMSTRAN, I s'pose...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Well, EMMSTRAN is slightly more specific. :-)
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Thanks. The thing is, using spaces does work, and through trial and error I can usually get it looking right in-game. The problem is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, even when it appears that I'm using the exact same text characters. Maybe I just need to make sure I write each string from scratch rather than copying and editing bits of text from another location.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Which means: insert as many spaces as I think are needed, SHIFT-start Oolite, wait for the mission screen to appear, take a rough measurement how many spaces are missing/too much, quit Oolite, delete/add some spaces, SHIFT-start Oolite, ... ad infinitum. Sometimes it took a dozen trials and errors until I was satisfied. But I don't know another way.
With the console you could speed up things by typing:

Code: Select all

mission.runMissionScreen("missionTextKey")
Or probably better

mission.showMissionScreen()
mission.addMessageText("your plain text")
In the last example you don't need to restart every time. And when the text fits, copy it to your missiontext.plist.
wildstar
Competent
Competent

Post by wildstar »

Ramirez wrote:
Thanks. The thing is, using spaces does work, and through trial and error I can usually get it looking right in-game. The problem is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, even when it appears that I'm using the exact same text characters. Maybe I just need to make sure I write each string from scratch rather than copying and editing bits of text from another location.
i am new to oolite HI hehe i just checking out different posts for different reasons as i try to understand things... can we not use javascript to create the msgs? as in js u would have ability to use js cmds for formatting. maybe. such as
Code Outputs wrote:

\' 	single quote
" 	double quote
\& 	ampersand
\\ 	backslash
\n 	new line
\r 	carriage return
\t 	tab
\b 	backspace
\f 	form feed
again im new here and wondering myself whats possible so i can possibly make some oxp myself :D
Image B4 = Elite on c64 & now = Oolite1.73.4repositories UBUNTU OpenGL2.1.2 NVIDIA180.44 & vertex shaders eVGA GeForce7950GT512 P4-3.2mhz/3gb
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Spent the weekend improving some of the visuals and in particular, finishing off the hunting lodges by attaching the dock to an asteroid. I redesigned the front and added the usual flashers plus a new dock interior.

I've done a slight retexture on some of the ships and have finished the work on the asteroids for the cascade mission. The readme is also coming along well:
I'll definitely be aiming to get v1.0 uploaded by the end of next week - I can't believe it's taken this long!
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Ramirez wrote:
Spent the weekend improving some of the visuals and in particular, finishing off the hunting lodges by attaching the dock to an asteroid.
The first image pretty much looks like a face with funny horns on the head ;)

Screet
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Excellent addition to the Ooniverse - I like a lot!!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

This rocks!

Post by Chrisfs »

This rocks!
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

To shamelssly copy what everybody else has already said: excellent! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Looking fwd to v1. The hunting lodges look fantastic. Will it work in all the 8 charts?
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

Personally, I love the System OXPs (commies, dictators, anarchies, FTZ), because they each each type of system their own special traits rather than simply being a 'percentage of being attacked', so I will happily download Feudal States. I run with Commies and Dictators loaded. I have shied away from anarchies because of the global changes to legal status (I run narcotics a bit too often), but I will add that eventually as well. I guess I should think about idea for a Confederacy OXP. to make them less generic.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

It's only Galaxy 1 at the moment, and I know many players will have left that one long ago (especially if they've played through the standard missions). However in theory the way I've coded it means that I can select a handful of feudal systems in the other galaxies (where there are any) and then apply the OXP onto them as well.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Ramirez wrote:
It's only Galaxy 1 at the moment, and I know many players will have left that one long ago (especially if they've played through the standard missions). However in theory the way I've coded it means that I can select a handful of feudal systems in the other galaxies (where there are any) and then apply the OXP onto them as well.
Would be really nice! BTW: The demo version did invite me to a tournament while I was in another galaxy - but I went back to G1 some time ago and did earn a title there ;)

I'm really looking forward to the next update of this anyway...looks like it'll add much more fun to the game!

Screet
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

looking good Commander
I can't wait to d/l the latest version
T