Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Energy Bomb 1.7.1.2

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Re: ..

Post by Commander Mysenses »

Lestradae wrote:
It is also my plan to completely split it. "Realistic Shipyards V1.1" will feature only the price & TL-rewrite via shipyard-override.plist. The big version will be renamed into "Oolite Ships Extension", as a basically new OXP, that will include the future "Realistic Shipyards V1.1"
I agree with the first part, but not entirely with the second. RS should remain within its original brief. But the "Olite Ships Exension" should be a completely freestanding entity... you could have both OXPs, one or the other on their own. In fact it would be nice if the extension OXP could rewrite roles without adding ships... it could change the roles of the ships the player had in their addons folder (and any others they added later).

And split out the exotic stuff and build a good mission storyline around them, that would be a better challenge for experienced players.

BTW I have contributed about a dozen of those RS downloads, in various versions and to various machines in my playtesting (not that I am using ANY of them now). Not meant as a critisism, but bare download stats are not wildy informative (and hint at bragging... ahem... not very British y'know)

Good luck with your ideas, I eagerly await new development from you.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

BTW I have contributed about a dozen of those RS downloads, in various versions and to various machines in my playtesting (not that I am using ANY of them now). Not meant as a critisism, but bare download stats are not wildy informative
The actual version now - not all together - RS 3.01 - got downloaded 600 times. So your dozen is in good company :lol:
and hint at bragging... ahem... not very British y'know
Well ... I`m not british *g*
But the "Olite Ships Exension" should be a completely freestanding entity... you could have both OXPs, one or the other on their own. In fact it would be nice if the extension OXP could rewrite roles without adding ships... it could change the roles of the ships the player had in their addons folder (and any others they added later)
All of those are cool ideas, but it`s not what I wish to do ... sorry. The "big version" is my idea of a total ships extension - including prices that work, multifold roles and many, many more ships to see and buy. You know, it`s simply (and quite egotistically) what I like to have in my game - I would even do it if there was just one other person who would play with it :)

Many people have said that they like the pricing/TL idea and would like to have that without the other stuff, that`s fine with me, so I create another "lite" or whatever version that does just that. But I don`t want to create versions that I myself can`t relate to. If someone realises one or the other idea of what you suggest up above and uses any version of RS as a basis - fine, go ahead with it ... so long as I don`t have to do it :P
Good luck with your ideas, I eagerly await new development from you.
Thanks, at it again for some time now. :D

Cheers

L
JohnnyBoy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JohnnyBoy »

Commander Mysenses wrote:
JohnnyBoy wrote:
Saving one Naval Energy Unit from serious damage more than covers the cost of an e-bomb
Whichspace injectors are cheaper... run Forrest, run!
Well, my words came back to haunt me. I was jumped by a pack of pirates who were pretty good at aiming their mil lasers. I was forced to hit the '9' key and end the punishment - but not before my Naval Energy Unit was put out of action. Cost of replacement? 50,000 Credits. :shock:
"That's no vicious Treeoid. That's my wife."