Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Just upgraded to 1.70

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
By the way: Do all the new planetinfo.plist-keys for clouds etc. (which I supposed to be in the progress-thread, but they aren't, so I don't find them now) work? (Was not mentioned in the release notes, or was it?)
They should do.
Just wanted to say that I found the thread here. I'm going to add these keys to the Planetinfo.plist doc in the wiki, but not today.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Actually, yes, the problem is OXP dependant

Post by ArkanoiD »

but i have more than hundred OXPs, how can i find which one causes it? :-(
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

A start would be to disable all OXPs, to verify that it is actually an OXP issue.

Then, try half of your OXPs. If the problem arises again, one of those is the problem, otherwise it’s the other half. Having determined which half is responsible, try half of that bunch, then the other. This way you’re down to one of “more than 25” candidates. Eliminate half and you’re down to “more than 12”, and so forth.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Ahruman wrote:
A start would be to disable all OXPs, to verify that it is actually an OXP issue.

Then, try half of your OXPs. If the problem arises again, one of those is the problem, otherwise it’s the other half. Having determined which half is responsible, try half of that bunch, then the other. This way you’re down to one of “more than 25” candidates. Eliminate half and you’re down to “more than 12”, and so forth.
The worst thing that can happen to you is that the root of your problem is not in one single OXP, but in the combination of two specific OXPs. So if you first take out the half containing the first responsible OXP and then the half containing the second responsible OXP you would be bug-free in both cases, and still not know which two OXPs cause the problem.

But that's a very unlikely scenario.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

Ahruman wrote:
Found that, it is "Sung's detailed textures". Tried removed "suspicious" textures by one, but could not find yet. Any ideas why this could be possible?
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

ArkanoiD wrote:
Found that, it is "Sung's detailed textures". Tried removed "suspicious" textures by one, but could not find yet. Any ideas why this could be possible?
The sky drawing code was changed about 6 months ago to use additive blending. Look at the below thread for a further explanation, first post by Ahruman:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=3522
The offending texture files should be galaxy256.png and star64.png. Try removing only those from the OXP. Doing that would make the game use its own files of the same name, which are in the correct format.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

another_commander wrote:
ArkanoiD wrote:
The sky drawing code was changed about 6 months ago to use additive blending. Look at the below thread for a further explanation, first post by Ahruman:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=3522
The offending texture files should be galaxy256.png and star64.png. Try removing only those from the OXP. Doing that would make the game use its own files of the same name, which are in the correct format.
There is no star64.png in this OXP and removing galaxy256.png did not help :-(
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I checked the OXP. There is a star64.png file in my copy. Deleting galaxy256.png and star64.png from the OXP does solve the problem. You will just need to hold Shift when restarting Oolite, so that the game cache gets rebuilt with the new configuration.
ArkanoiD
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ArkanoiD »

another_commander wrote:
I checked the OXP. There is a star64.png file in my copy. Deleting galaxy256.png and star64.png from the OXP does solve the problem. You will just need to hold Shift when restarting Oolite, so that the game cache gets rebuilt with the new configuration.
Thanks, it helped!