1.69.1.1-mac crashes when selling a ship with subentities

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

1.69.1.1-mac crashes when selling a ship with subentities

Post by Commander McLane »

Yesterday I suffered a sudden crash when I wanted to buy a ship from the shipyard. The logfile looked like this:

Code: Select all

[shipEntity.bug.subEntityRetainUnderflow]: Subentity died while still in subentity list! This is bad. Leaking subentity list to avoid crash.
[exception]: ***** Exception during during update:entity in [Universe update:] : NSInvalidArgumentException : *** -[NSCFArray addObject:]: attempt to insert nil *****
[system]: *** NSTimer discarding exception '*** -[NSCFArray addObject:]: attempt to insert nil' that raised during firing of timer with target 65fbd0 and selector 'performGameTick:'
After playing around for a while it became clear that the crash is caused by the fact that my current ship (not the one I wanted to buy, but the one I would be selling back in the process!) has subentities (I'm flying an Imperial Courier v2). I tried it with other ships having subentities, and the game crashed, too. When I had a ship with no subentities, no problem occured.

So there must be a fatal bug in the way Oolite handles the shipyard operation, that only occurs when you happen to arrive in a ship with subentities.

Crash report sent to Ahruman in the required way. This is just an information for all codemonkeys, in order to help digging out the bug.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

And this completely superfluous post is just to inform everybody that this is my 1000th post. 8)