Screenshots

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Screenshots

Post by Cholmondely »

cbr wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:58 pm
v-camouflage? Help!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

I finally did an homage to one of the ships I've loved the longest. Thanks to St.Giles, Smivs and that great, nameless(?) artist who illustrated the Elite Space Trader’s Flight Manual.
I was young, I was naïve. [EliteWiki] Jonny Cuba made me do it!
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Old Murgh wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:49 pm
I finally did an homage to one of the ships I've loved the longest. Thanks to St.Giles, Smivs and that great, nameless(?) artist who illustrated the Elite Space Trader’s Flight Manual.
Nice 8) Love the 'eye' effect.

I also like the branding, something I tried to do with the fdl lightspeeder texture.

The grey colour reminds me that I have plans for a whole shipset addressing visibility in particular... Just half a dozen things to finish off in the meantime :roll:

Speaking of which...
cbr wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 pm
Are you tinkering with the shaders as well as the textures cbr?

If I ever get my 'rear into gear', so to speak, then I might come to you for advice... or even requests due to your seemingly prolific output.
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Are you tinkering with the shaders as well as the textures cbr?
This ship has been released with so many layers :wink: one can do without shadery business brainstuff. :)
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

New Classic Line by Old Murgh in RELOPy-style get it here https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21188
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

More Mischief in the Old Murghs IronAss Thread!
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Fullbright Hex triplet: #B7410E :wink:
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

A more subtle metal spacedust (rust) mix...
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

cbr wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:35 pm
More Mischief..
I think they’re all very beautiful. Makes one wish a RustyAss.OXP could offer whole swatches of these for random appearance.
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Amazing new old stock :D

Find it in this thread https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7080
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Classy!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Old Murgh
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by Old Murgh »

cbr wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:32 pm
Amazing new old stock :D
It's very cool.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

cbr wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:32 pm
:shock: That would be great for an 'Insect' station.

I've already written the comms and markets for different inhabitant types but need to check licensing re assigning particular stations...
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:07 pm
I've already written the comms and markets for different inhabitant types but need to check licensing re assigning particular stations...
See Killer Wolf's views on this here. He said explicitly that
... i do art myself, have a site (where my oxp is) and browsing google i found a shed load of my images were on a girl's MySpace site. but, i mailed her nicely first saying, i don't mind but would you just put a note saying KW did them? she was nice as ninepence and rather frantic that she might've upset someone...
...now, while i would be hugely chuffed if someone thought my Vampires worthy enough of being used in their OXPs even if they didn't ask, i WOULD get huffed if that someone made it out to be their work, ie the readme didn't say "Vampires nicked from IsisInterstellar OXP" or such. but then, if they did that, i'd mention it on the boards, and see what happened - no doubt the community would police matters by making feelings known. still, since i'm not losing money by someone stealing my ships, it's hardly a huge matter... https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=30445#p30445
"It is amoral to not properly license. These unlicensed oxp's need to be properly highlighted with a toxic label on the wiki. "

well that's your opinion. i have refused to put licenses in any of my OXPs. i come here and make stuff for the fun of it, and to share it around. the licences are a (to me) obnoxious element that only seemed to raise its head when lestradae started trying to justify his OXP. as has been stated multiple times, this always seems to have been a respect issue, not a legal one. i put my ships and station up there for people to use, play w/ and (i hope) appreciate. if they want to incorporate them into their own work, they can. i would assume if anyone wanted to, they would have the courtesy to ask first, as Drew did. if someone wants to incorporate them and go changing their specs and/or stats w/out asking, as Real Shipyards did, well that's up to them. I ain't happy about it, but neither am i going to get het up about it because the Oolite i run here has my own OXPs on so i'm unaffected.
i mean, jesus - we all share and learn from each other don't we? there's absolutely nothing more simple to this whole thing that ASKING to borrow/incorrporate/adapt someone else's work. that's all, just ASK. if they say no, for whatever reason, just suck it up and deal w/ it. https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=94997#p94997
...i'll add a note to my new ship ReadMe explaining my stance and leave it at that. my current stance is i flatly refuse to quote licences and what have you as i think it's kinda counter to the community we had happily existing only a few short weeks ago. i'm happy to toe the line though, if the community decides that it's a requirement, although as i've said numerous times, simple courtesy should be enough to get this board back to the way it was. i hope.
there's no sales or money involved in all of this so why legalities and licenses suddenly became such a hot topic is somewhat disappointing to me... https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=95031#p95031
These are just edited highlights showing KW's side of the debates - click on the links to see more. Note KW's emphasis on community. And note that he never gave his oxp's licenses (despite a grudging willingness to do so if forced to).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?