Weapon Laws OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Weapon Laws OXZ

Post by Cholmondely »

Glitch Report!

Downloaded the newest version of Oolite (1.90) on to a dreaded AppleMac and then the newest all-singing all-dancing version of Weapon Laws (together with a bazillion other oxp's).

Whisper it not in Gath: They were flogging military lasers in Zaonce - with Lord knows what other horrendous and fiendish weapons of dire destruction!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm
together with a bazillion other oxp's
Which didn't happen to include New Lasers by any chance did it?

Currently any other oxp which adds military lasers (or indeed any kind of laser), rather than just tweaking them, will be unaffected by this oxp. If that's the reason then it's not stritctly a glitch but rather a case of lacking a potentially desirable feature for those wishing to install more than one laser oxp.

I think I may have finally thought of a way to make this oxp compatible with both Laser Combat Reimagined and New Lasers without completely reimagining any (or indeed all) of them. If nothing else, this will potentially be of significant benefit to my sanity. Here's hopin'...
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:08 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:59 pm
together with a bazillion other oxp's
Which didn't happen to include New Lasers by any chance did it?

Currently any other oxp which adds military lasers (or indeed any kind of laser), rather than just tweaking them, will be unaffected by this oxp. If that's the reason then it's not stritctly a glitch but rather a case of lacking a potentially desirable feature for those wishing to install more than one laser oxp.

I think I may have finally thought of a way to make this oxp compatible with both Laser Combat Reimagined and New Lasers without completely reimagining any (or indeed all) of them. If nothing else, this will potentially be of significant benefit to my sanity. Here's hopin'...
No, no new lasers. The only new weapon I tried to add was the Vimana in the HUD, but that .oxp won't load on 1.90 - multiple and myriad murmurings about manifest problems (Vimana 2.05, 2.06 & 2.07).

I'm too new to the game for all this sort of thing, new lasers, fancy missiles and whatnot! I can't even hit one of Reval's emasculated grocers, never mind something that's actually fighting back!
Last edited by Cholmondely on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:45 pm
No, no new lasers. The only new weapon I tried to add was the Vimana in the HUD, but that won't load on 1.90
Hmmm. In that case I'll likely get some time to test it over the weekend. Thanks for the report... Zaonce of all places!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:21 am
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:45 pm
No, no new lasers. The only new weapon I tried to add was the Vimana in the HUD, but that won't load on 1.90
Hmmm. In that case I'll likely get some time to test it over the weekend. Thanks for the report... Zaonce of all places!
As intimated, I've a feeling that it might be an AppleMac issue. I'm pretty sure that the Vimana HUD business is also an AppleMac issue - my AppleMac cobra never grew the extra cargo space or missile pylons in the way that my windows cobra did.
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Yes, Zaonce, indeed. I was appalled.

I was all ready to march into the stationmaster's office and give him your lecture about magazines and toy shops ... but Araminta took me by one arm and Benedict started furiously pouring cups of fragrant broken orange pekoe down my throat ... and that was the end of that.

Here is the latest.log. I did a search in it for weapon and this is what I got: I assume it is a collection of every line containing the word (the bally thing seems to go on for ever!). Do you need anything else?

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.weapon_laws.oxz
12:54:01.097 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_prototype_boa_normalmapped-player is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.097 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_prototype_boa_normalmapped-player is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.098 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_green_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.098 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_green_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_blue_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_blue_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_alpha_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_alpha_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_Template is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.099 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_Template is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.100 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_red_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:01.100 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange]: ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship griff_NPC_prototype_boa_decals_from_red_channel is too high, using 7200.0.
12:54:03.748 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/Cholmondeley/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.weapon_laws.oxz/Config/equipment-overrides.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
12:54:05.328 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 6.33 seconds. ==========
Comments wanted:
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Code: Select all

[plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/Cholmondeley/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.redspear.weapon_laws.oxz/Config/equipment-overrides.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
Well, there's the culprit. According to that line, none of the necessary condition scripts are installed. In this case that would mean that the oxp does next to nothing.

I use a PC and so it may not replicate for me but Macs can be fussier on syntax I believe.
May get a chance to poke around tomorrow...

EDIT: Identified and fixed potential issue already. Fingers crossed will be able to upload tomorrow.
Thanks for report Cholmondeley.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

RockDoctor wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:07 am
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:13 pm
Found it - Ascension (TL16 Anarchy) which was stuck into Galaxy 1 by Famous Planets.oxp.
I quite like Ascension. I pick up some interestingly dodgy (viz: high paying, attracting lots of assassin attention) passengers there. One does wonder what the back story is though. TL16 and an Anarchy? Somebody hasn't been reading the "Technological Development for Utopia" handbook - or has been reading it as a guide to how to not do things.
Found it! Have a peek here: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Sector1/Sori - look at the bottom of the page!
Comments wanted:
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm
v1.4 has just been uploaded.

Give that a try and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:17 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:18 pm
v1.4 has just been uploaded.

Give that a try and see if it fixes the problem.

Thanks.
It won't download (just as all the earlier versions of the Vimana HUD wouldn't).

Any idea as to why this keeps happening with the AppleMac?

Did you remember to dance widdershins around your computer whilst sacrificing your next-door neighbours and uttering chants in Sanskrit in order to appease the AppleMac download daemons?
Comments wanted:
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:05 am
Did you remember to dance widdershins around your computer whilst sacrificing your next-door neighbours and uttering chants in Sanskrit in order to appease the AppleMac download daemons?
Damn it! I used Tibetan... I'll have to invite the other neighbours round now :roll:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Redspear wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:14 am
Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:05 am
Damn it! I used Tibetan... I'll have to invite the other neighbours round now :roll:
I was able to grab 1.4 from the wiki by looking up recent page changes and then downloading directly from your wiki File page. It works. I'm in Ensoreus and can only buy mining lasers! Thank you.

The next issue is why it won't download from the EM onto a Mac: Dybal solved that problem for Vimana HUD for the Mac. I presume that the solution is in what he wrote there:
dybal wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Asides my ever-present typos, the libraries in the Mac seems to be less tolerant of some things than the GNUStep libraries on Linux:
  • lists are enclosed in '(' ')' with items separated by ',' and there must not be a comma after the last item in the list.
  • objects are enclosed in '{' '}' and consist of pairs <key> = <value>. Each key/value pair must have a ';' at the end, even the last pair in the object, and if the object is a value in a key/value pair in another object, it's closing '}' must be followed by a ';'.
Comments wanted:
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

I was able to download Weapon Laws OXP with the Expansion Manager in my borrowed Mac, and Lave had Pulse and Beam Lasers for sale but no Military Laser.

But yesterday I had to actually change the name of the NPC Energy Units oxz file I uploaded to the wiki server, otherwise I would get the old file via Expansion Manager (but a direct download brought the updated one :shock: )
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:25 pm
I was able to grab 1.4 from the wiki by looking up recent page changes and then downloading directly from your wiki File page. It works. I'm in Ensoreus and can only buy mining lasers! Thank you.
So my Tibetan was just about up to it then. Tashi delek! :)

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:25 pm
The next issue is why it won't download from the EM onto a Mac: Dybal solved that problem for Vimana HUD for the Mac. I presume that the solution is in what he wrote there:
dybal wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:40 pm
I was able to download Weapon Laws OXP with the Expansion Manager in my borrowed Mac, and Lave had Pulse and Beam Lasers for sale but no Military Laser.
Hmmm... I could well be guilty of the first but then how to explain the second?
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Beware that a ship that has "restricted" weapons installed in any mount will not be restored correctly by Ship Storage Helper (due to this). That affects the ship's insurance (getting the ship back with all installed equipments - for a fee - after using the escape pod), and Hyperspace Hangar.