Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[WIP] GalCop Missions

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Re: [WIP] GalCop Missions

Post by phkb »

OK, new test version (v0.5.7) available here (ZIP/OXP or OXZ). Can you give this one a spin?
Bernd1983
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Bernd1983 »

Unfortunately, the waypoint is still not generated.
The error remains unchanged. I have uploaded the new log to the link above
phkb

Post by phkb »

Bernd1983 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:54 pm
Unfortunately, the waypoint is still not generated.
Thanks for the log. I found the bug. A case of it staring me in the face. New version (0.5.8 ) ready for a test via the links above. If you can confirm the issue is resolved I'll put this version into the download manager.
gilhad
Competent
Competent

Post by gilhad »

Hello,
I downloaded the 0.5.8 version and once again I tried to recue the "stranded ship" in Beesor, half way between Witchpoint and Sun (so it should be like 380km from each ) and had a few problem:
  • I took the direct way, to arrive just at time - it told me something like 10 minutes to death, I could not find it in time :(
  • So I took indirect , but faster way, arriving about 14.3 hours sooner to get some time for searching - it told me something like 10 minutes to death :? , I could not find it in time :( - It is supposed to be this way?
  • I enabled all debugs and I got waypoint and found, that it is 270km from the suggested place :shock: the closer to WS line it is 201 km near 200 km from Sun and 560km from Witchpoint - still the ship first talked to me only when I was much more near it (like 30km?) - this is hard to find it with lot ships in system

Anyway I dropped the Machinery for it, but it does not start to move or something - I realized, that damaged machine may prevent it from moving and 10 km is too far for scooping (my bad for inaccuracy), so I scooped the Machinery back and dropped it just few hundred meters from the ship - got message, that they are happy and they arrived.

I got many warnings about the cargo from then and in my log was this:

Code: Select all

05:37:48.578 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x14f63440>{nextTime: 288.994, one-shot, running, function: $scoopCargo} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
    05:37:48.589 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x611efc0>{nextTime: 290.481, interval: 2, running, function: $fixStrickenShipsInitiate} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably! 
    05:37:58.268 [LogEvents]: targeted Python 15680 who has 706 energy
    05:38:01.856 [LogEvents]: got message from Python 15680 : Thanks very much for the assist, friend! We're good to go!
    05:38:01.869 [GalCopBB_Missions]: missionID 2190
    05:38:01.869 [GalCopBB_Missions]: target 1
    05:38:01.869 [GalCopBB_Missions]: quantity 1
    05:38:01.869 [GalCopBB_Missions]: expiry 2084298:06:28:51
Lady of Fate, we adore you . . .
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the reports, gilhad. One of the reasons I added the Range Finder as part of this OXP was to handle these sorts of situations. Were you using it?
In any case, it looks like there are a couple of faults with timers I need to sort out. I’ll post an update shortly.
gilhad
Competent
Competent

Post by gilhad »

Ah, I bought it long time ago, but totally forget about it :oops:
Lady of Fate, we adore you . . .
Bernd1983
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Bernd1983 »

It works :D
Tried the Special Delivery Mission and Com Relay Mission.
Both times the waypoint was shown on my ASC.
Thank you very much phkb
phkb

Post by phkb »

Bernd1983 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 am
It works :D
Tried the Special Delivery Mission and Com Relay Mission.
Both times the waypoint was shown on my ASC.
Thank you very much phkb
Awesome! Thanks for testing and confirming.
phkb

Post by phkb »

v0.5.9 has been uploaded, which has all the recent bug fixes in it, including the issue with timers being recycled, as noted by gilhad. Thanks, everyone, for reporting all the issues.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

phkb wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:28 am
dybal wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
I did a "Investigate an unknown beacon" in Isinor, the mission briefing said the beacon was behind the witchpoint from the sun... went to the whitchpoint, centered my aft view on the sun and torused away... after around 8.200km found the Kiota Station... went ahead till the torus speed got ridiculous, the distance more than 100.000km (I didn't count the zeros :D ), then all the lightblobs Telescope OXP uses to sinalize the beacons (they were all way aft then) suddenly overcome me... but no beacon!
I'll do some tests on these in the next couple of days. Did the beacon ever appear in your space compass? It would have been intermittent when it showed up. If you do another mission like this, and no beacon appears, can you grab a copy of your latest.log file and send it to me? In the meantime, I'll run some tests to see if I can reproduce it at my end.

[Edit: Corrected version number]
No, the beacon didn't show in space compass (I clycled through it several times during the cruise). Unfortunately that log is long gone... ( :oops: should have saved it ... new to the game, still learning...). I will try mission like that again (but most unknown beacon missions I found lately where "opositte side of main planet from <>" and not "behind the witchpoint"... does it matter?)
phkb

Post by phkb »

It shouldn’t matter - the code that generates the beacon is the same no matter which end point is selected. I’ll do some more tests and see what I find.
phkb

Post by phkb »

I've tested all the "Investigate" missions in v0.5.9, in a variety of different locations, and in each instance I started receiving notifications of an unidentified beacon not long after passing the reference point the source was behind (ie. when it was "behind the witchpoint from the sun", it was after I passed the WP; when it was "behind the sun from the planet", it was after I passed the sun, etc). I could then select the beacon with my ASC, and get a better bearing to the location.

But all this proves is that I can't reproduce the issue on my rig, not that there are no bugs to address. It's possible another OXP is causing a conflict somewhere. So, when you get a chance, can I get two things from you: first, a save game where you an investigate mission available; and second, the log file from after you accept this mission and try to navigate to the correct system location. You'll probably need to use a hosting site to send me the files, as they will probably be too big to post directly, and then PM me the links.

Thanks for persisting with the testing!
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Slave repatriation missions

Post by dybal »

Greetings!

Are the Slave Repatriation missions form this OXP?

I accepted it, bought the salves form the station market and donated them to Amnesty Intergalatic.

The slaves do not show in my hold anymore, but the Market screen still shows the purchases (I think that comes form Market Observer OXP)
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

phkb wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:16 am
I've tested all the "Investigate" missions in v0.5.9, in a variety of different locations, and in each instance I started receiving notifications of an unidentified beacon not long after passing the reference point the source was behind (ie. when it was "behind the witchpoint from the sun", it was after I passed the WP; when it was "behind the sun from the planet", it was after I passed the sun, etc). I could then select the beacon with my ASC, and get a better bearing to the location.

But all this proves is that I can't reproduce the issue on my rig, not that there are no bugs to address. It's possible another OXP is causing a conflict somewhere. So, when you get a chance, can I get two things from you: first, a save game where you an investigate mission available; and second, the log file from after you accept this mission and try to navigate to the correct system location. You'll probably need to use a hosting site to send me the files, as they will probably be too big to post directly, and then PM me the links.

Thanks for persisting with the testing!
I will do it today.

Do the mission variables in the savefile hold a history of missions?

I found this in my save file:

Code: Select all

<key>mission_GalCopBBMissions_History</key>
        <string>[{&quot;galaxy&quot;:0,&quot;system&quot;:157,&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;completedCount&quot;:1,&quot;failedCount&quot;:0},{&quot;galaxy&quot;:0,&quot;system&quot;:124,&quot;missionType&quot;:130,&quot;completedCount&quot;:1,&quot;failedCount&quot;:0},{&quot;galaxy&quot;:0,&quot;system&quot;:154,&quot;missionType&quot;:130,&quot;completedCount&quot;:0,&quot;failedCount&quot;:1},{&quot;galaxy&quot;:0,&quot;system&quot;:253,&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;completedCount&quot;:1,&quot;failedCount&quot;:0},{&quot;galaxy&quot;:0,&quot;system&quot;:115,&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;completedCount&quot;:1,&quot;failedCount&quot;:0}]</string>
        <key>mission_GalCopBBMissions_Last</key>
        <string>[{&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;system&quot;:157,&quot;date&quot;:180059267038.32605},{&quot;missionType&quot;:130,&quot;system&quot;:124,&quot;date&quot;:180059779032.81625},{&quot;missionType&quot;:130,&quot;system&quot;:154,&quot;date&quot;:180060586407.94473},{&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;system&quot;:253,&quot;date&quot;:180079353988.6895},{&quot;missionType&quot;:84,&quot;system&quot;:115,&quot;date&quot;:180079676841.1329}]</string>
phkb

Post by phkb »

dybal wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:37 pm
Are the Slave Repatriation missions form this OXP?
Yes, although the Illegal Goods Tweak OXP does a variation on this theme, by offering to take any slaves off your hands when you dock at main stations.
dybal wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:37 pm
The slaves do not show in my hold anymore, but the Market screen still shows the purchases (I think that comes form Market Observer OXP)
That's correct. Market Observer isn't aware of the transaction, so it's as if you lost the cargo through ship damage. I might look at trying to help Market Observer out a bit, but I'm not sure what I could tell it, given you're donating the cargo without receiving any payment in return.
dybal wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:37 pm
Do the mission variables in the savefile hold a history of missions?
Some history is kept (mission type, count of completed, failed, that sort of thing), but I don't think much in the way of detailed history. It's only used to adjust payment bonuses.