Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] Dangerous HUD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Dangerous HUD

Post by BlackWolf »

Awesome. 😀
Switching to blue.
Creativity is a gift, use it well.
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

well...it doesn't work (as before) on my spare machine (1680x1050) but it works fine on my main machine(1920x1080)
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

@tsgiannis what do you mean by doesn't work? It doesn't load? It is not recognized? Is it buggy? Is the display resolution bad? If you can, please post a screenshot and your log when you run into troubles, else we really have a hard time figuring out what is wrong.
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

gsagostinho wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:11 pm
@tsgiannis what do you mean by doesn't work? It doesn't load? It is not recognized? Is it buggy? Is the display resolution bad? If you can, please post a screenshot and your log when you run into troubles, else we really have a hard time figuring out what is wrong.
I think is related to the resolution...the same thing happened when i replaced the cockpit.png with a resized 1680x1050...
IF i choose 1st Dangerous HUD and the assign something in the 2. Hud Selector it works fine...
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

tsgiannis wrote:
I think is related to the resolution...the same thing happened when i replaced the cockpit.png with a resized 1680x1050...
IF i choose 1st Dangerous HUD and the assign something in the 2. Hud Selector it works fine...
You think what is related to the resolution? You are not telling me what is happening and so it becomes very difficult to help you. I just tested the HUD at every possible resolution Oolite allows me in full screen and it worked fine in all of them, so I really need some more info to reproduce this bug.

Could you please share your log when the problem happens and also try to describe a bit better what is going on (e.g. is the OXP not loading at all, is the HUD looking strange, etc.)
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

gsagostinho wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:15 pm
tsgiannis wrote:
You think what is related to the resolution? You are not telling me what is happening and so it becomes very difficult to help you. I just tested the HUD at every possible resolution Oolite allows me in full screen and it worked fine in all of them, so I really need some more info to reproduce this bug.

Could you please share your log when the problem happens and also try to describe a bit better what is going on (e.g. is the OXP not loading at all, is the HUD looking strange, etc.)
Don't worry that much...on the main machine works just fine...and is not that issue...
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

tsgiannis wrote:
Don't worry that much...on the main machine works just fine...and is not that issue...
@tsgiannis You are seeing this only from your own point of view, but as a creator I want to find and fix every bug possible so that more people can have a smooth experience with my work. So if it would not be too much trouble, I would really appreciate to get my hands on your log and perhaps on a better description of what the problem is. If you are experiencing this in one of your computers then it's quite likely that more people might run into the same problem in the future.
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

gsagostinho wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:09 pm
tsgiannis wrote:
@tsgiannis You are seeing this only from your own point of view, but as a creator I want to find and fix every bug possible so that more people can have a smooth experience with my work. So if it would not be too much trouble, I would really appreciate to get my hands on your log and perhaps on a better description of what the problem is. If you are experiencing this in one of your computers then it's quite likely that more people might run into the same problem in the future.
Ok...i will get you what you need...
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

Well i hope these help
1. Video Capture : https://vimeo.com/257543856
2. the log : https://file.io/rhpJOq
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

@tsgiannis Really appreciate it, thanks a lot!

But one thing: I am not being able to open your log, that link gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

{"success":false,"error":404,"message":"Not Found"}
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

gsagostinho wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:29 pm
@tsgiannis Really appreciate it, thanks a lot!

But one thing: I am not being able to open your log, that link gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

{"success":false,"error":404,"message":"Not Found"}
Sorry for that..the hoster deletes it after 1st download (?)
try this : https://text-share.com/view/e020dfc0
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

tsgiannis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm
This works fine, thanks!
tsgiannis
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tsgiannis »

gsagostinho wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:26 pm
tsgiannis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:43 pm
This works fine, thanks!
If you need something more just let me know...
BlackWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by BlackWolf »

The new cockpit tinting looks great in the blue. Props.
Creativity is a gift, use it well.
gsagostinho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by gsagostinho »

@BlackWolf Many thanks, I am happy you like it!

@tsgiannis I spoke with phkb and he is kindly helping me solve this issue. Here is what he says:
The log file doesn't show any errors with Dangerous HUD. The only issue is HUD Selector is timing out, which may leave Dangerous HUD in a semi-activated or non-activated state (depending on how far through its processes it got before it ran out of time). I'll have a think about what the options might be, but in the interim you could ask the user to remove HUD Selector (they only have the Dangerous HUD installed, so there shouldn't be any need to switch HUDs) and see if the error persists. The only other thing HUD Selector provides is a way to preset MFD's, and reload them on launch. If running without HUD selector works, they could try either "MFD Fast Configuration" or "MFD Restore After Load", both of which provide similar services, without HUD Selectors processing overhead.
He is helping me figure out if there is anything else we could do, but in theory removing the HUD Selector should solve your problem.