Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Cobra MkIII XT

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

TraderJoe
Above Average
Above Average

Re: Cobra MkIII XT

Post by TraderJoe »

Hello again.
Well I got the Imperial Courier OXP added and sure enough they started to appear in the galaxy as other ships (looking very cool) and then as a purchase option in the shipyard. Very excited!!!
I did a back up of the old file and then upgraded. After the upgrade I had a spare 27k credits so I thought I would add some more features such as towbar etc but when I went to the next screen my cash reserves had been wiped out to 0???? Is this a bug? Has anyone else seen it? With out cash, I can't buy any cargo, and with no fuel scoops I cant pick up any cargo and no towbar, I cant tow a ship???? Not sure what happened here!!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks.
TraderJoe
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TraderJoe »

Hi Guys. Done some more research and eventually found a post that reported the same thing. They suggested removing Hyperspace Hanger, which I have and it looks like it has fixed the issue.

Having said that, very interested to see how Hyperspace Hanger works for future use.

Best wishes.
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

There seems to be a bug in Hyperspace Hanger. If you don't mind editing JS files, the issue is in the "hyperhanger.js" file, line 172. Put a "\\" at the start of the line (so it looks like this: \\player.credits = this._playerCredit - price;), then restart Oolite while holding down the shift key. That should sort out the issue with funds disappearing when you swap ships. I'll post this on the Hyperspace Hanger thread as well.
TraderJoe
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TraderJoe »

Hi Norby, Do multiple lasers work with an Imperial Courier? Or if not, do you have any suggestions on upgrading the firepower beyond military lasers front and back?
I tried to upgrade to LMSS and add an Eco laser but it seemed to replace the military one rather than add another. Thanks
phkb

Post by phkb »

TraderJoe wrote:
I tried to upgrade to LMSS and add an Eco laser but it seemed to replace the military one rather than add another.
Yes, this is by design. LMSS isn't designed to give a player more firepower. Its purpose is to give pilots a way of configuring their ships for different roles (miner vs bounty hunter) without having to compromise on laser installations.
TraderJoe
Above Average
Above Average

Post by TraderJoe »

phkb wrote:
TraderJoe wrote:
I tried to upgrade to LMSS and add an Eco laser but it seemed to replace the military one rather than add another.
Yes, this is by design. LMSS isn't designed to give a player more firepower. Its purpose is to give pilots a way of configuring their ships for different roles (miner vs bounty hunter) without having to compromise on laser installations.
Thanks phkb. I think I have the LMSS thing sorted now. I have a Military laser and ECO laser installed.

It still feels like the single military laser on the Imperial Courier is weaker than the triple laser on the COnra Mk III XT. DO you know if there is a more powerful upgrade to the IC military laser as your prime fighting laser?
phkb

Post by phkb »

Actually I don't use any of the oxp lasers, so I'm not sure that a good upgrade would be. Nor by has a table showing all the different laser cannons spec, along with the default lasers, so that might be of assistance: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Laser_Cannons. The are links on that page to a similar list for New Lasers.