Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

RFC: re-squared-dux ...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: RFC: re-squared-dux ...

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Neolite 1.1 has been uploaded to my box account. I've updated the http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Neolite_Ships with a link and some install notes for Simon's Neolite box page and also added an additional section with the download links and install notes for Neolite 1.1.
There has been an update to both the Neolite Addition and Replacement OXP's to version 1.1.1 - fixes a bug carried over from the original Neolite with referencing the boa and boa2's custom escape pod model.

Also some time ago I updated the Wolfies readme to note that the ships were based on Wolfwood's original work.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
Neolite 1.1 has been uploaded to my box account. I've updated the http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Neolite_Ships with a link and some install notes for Simon's Neolite box page and also added an additional section with the download links and install notes for Neolite 1.1.
There has been an update to both the Neolite Addition and Replacement OXP's to version 1.1.1
I'm sorry to be a numpty, but I can't help it. Am I right in thinking some of the links on the wiki are wrong and pointing at v1.1 for Addition and Replacement? And that the Downloads part of the page is both incorrect and incomplete?

Also, the Neolite_Core_Addition_1.1.1.zip download has two different Readme.rtf files in it but I can see one is the old v1.1 one. (Although why adding one line of text blows it from 2K to 37K is beyond my interest to comprehend.)

Also, the shipdata.list gives the incorrect missile_launch_position for neo_thargoid ships of 0.0 0.0 -20.5 rather than 0.0 -46.0 91.0 which I think may be the preferred value.

Also, does one install Neolite Companion and Neolite Wolfies in addition to the Core and Resources_A and Resources_B OXPs to get even more ships?
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

The Core Resources files is still at 1.1, but the addition and replacement files are at 1.1.1 - all the links are in the last section Neolite 1.1. The Downloads section links to Simon's original host (which is down) and his Box Account which has got the original Neolite 1.0 files. I'll update the wiki to make that a bit clearer.

The 1.1 versions of Wolfies and Companion are full stand alone OXPs - they don't need the Core Resources to be installed if you are not using the Core Set.

The different readme versions is me being a numpty - I've double checked shipdata.plist and it has got the update. The bloat of the readme it what happens when you migrate from OpenOffice to Microsoft Office 2010.... :roll: (but I did get MS Office 2010 Professional for £9 via work).

Re 'bugs' I haven't fixed anything that's not 'properly' broken. You'll notice nothing has got a scoop position defined in Neolite for example - it doesn't seem to cause any problem for scooping though whether as a player or an NPC. I think the core game code still fixes bad missile launch positions on the fly so that's been left as it.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Re 'bugs' I haven't fixed anything that's not 'properly' broken. You'll notice nothing has got a scoop position defined in Neolite for example - it doesn't seem to cause any problem for scooping though whether as a player or an NPC. I think the core game code still fixes bad missile launch positions on the fly so that's been left as it.
It just results in warning messages in the Latest.log unless the missile launch position is changed. I have been ignoring it but just lately I have been on a mission to diagnose and highlight every warning and error that comes up.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

There really should be a wiki page for Simon's re2dux OXP. I think the slightly modified classic look and the themed texturing is fantastic.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

CaptSolo wrote:
There really should be a wiki page for Simon's re2dux OXP. I think the slightly modified classic look and the themed texturing is fantastic.
Seconded Sir,

Simon did a great deal of admirable and creative work to add to the immersiveness of the current game in my opinion.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

CaptSolo wrote:
There really should be a wiki page for Simon's re2dux OXP.
[wiki]Re2dux_Ships[/wiki] - not so long, please expand it if you can.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On the moon Thought, orbiting the planet Ignorance.

Post by Redspear »

Norby wrote:
CaptSolo wrote:
There really should be a wiki page for Simon's re2dux OXP.
[wiki]Re2dux_Ships[/wiki] - not so long, please expand it if you can.
Nice to see them finally having a visible presence on the wiki. Now when this thread's not so active, new players will be more likely to find them.

If I could install only one shipset, it would probably be this one...
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: aboard the Laenina Crowne - Yasen-N class space freighter

Post by Amah »

Hmmh, is there a way to reach Simon? I pm'd but got no answer so far. I'd like to work/update/fix his alternative r²dux ubertharg. In the diffuse he writes it's cc-sa but I'd like to ask him if it's for him, if I mess with it ;-)
Amah
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Amah wrote:
Hmmh, is there a way to reach Simon? I pm'd but got no answer so far. I'd like to work/update/fix his alternative r²dux ubertharg. In the diffuse he writes it's cc-sa but I'd like to ask him if it's for him, if I mess with it ;-)
SimonB is quite active in Google+. You can find a link to his account from his signature.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

Hmmh, I try to avoid g+ if I can, any other way to reach hin?
Amah
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Amah wrote:
Hmmh, I try to avoid g+ if I can, any other way to reach hin?
Seriously? People have principles and all, but if you want to catch the guy, Google+ is your best bet.
Amah
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Amah »

too bad... what happened to good old email, now you have to sell your entire life before to communicate. Sorry for being old fashioned. ;-)
Anyway, I think I'll rather work on something else and cancel the ubertharg for now.

but thanks a lot for the help, Spara.
Amah
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Amah wrote:
too bad... what happened to good old email, now you have to sell your entire life before to communicate. Sorry for being old fashioned. ;-)
Nothing wrong in being old fashioned. You know, you can always create a bogus email, if you really want to. But up to you of course.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Amah is not alone - if I can, I too avoid google!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!