Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Explosion sounds

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

A-ha...

I've got the pirates cove one, very nice too. Although it seems every rock hermit is a pirate now! Maybe I should uninstall it for a while.

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

Supposedly they are only generated (denovo) with a 30% (?) if a system has a low government rating.

They do not replace the normal hermits inherent of Oolite.

But it did seem like that to me too. (hence I checked the script).
Possibly they are located closer to the witchpointbeacon than the friendly ones.
Riding the Rocket!
Cmdr Monte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cmdr Monte »

I unistalled pirate coves because I had some issues with it. namely that there were no longer any legit rock hermits, the number of asteroid fields went through the roof with one in almost every system, each with one or more priate cove and lastly, astetoids wouldn't mine anymore. Shame, as I like the idea.
Commodore Sics D'fore
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Commodore Sics D'fore »

I have noticed that some asteroids just don't mine. I think maybe it is random. I figure some just aren't rich in the valuable minerals needed to fragment into shards. Like they are just chalky ones, and they go "poof" instead of "crack".

And I think you must have just been having bad luck, with the apparent lack of non-pirate hermits. Maybe it was some glitch unique to your computer or operating system (well, not exactly unique, as others seem to have reported the same thing).

While I sometimes seem to run across a string of consecutive pirate coves, I still see normal hermits. It seems about 50/50 to me.
I am not a number! I am a free man! ... Oh what the heck. You can call me Sics.
Roberto
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Roberto »

I'm glad someone else has mentioned this mining thing - I installed a mining laser a couple of weeks ago and was mystified to see it obliterate everything! Thought there was maybe some technique I wasn't getting.
aegidian
Master and Commander
Master and Commander

Post by aegidian »

Damn, sounds like a mining laser bug. I'll have to deal with that week after next..
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."

Oolite models and gear? click here!