Random Questions

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Random Questions

Post by ralph_hh »

I've already done that :-)
Got some hints about using a Q-bomb, which I've not done yet.
I decided to earn me my NEU first and mabye save some Credits for a Pitviper. So long I'm happy with the 4000Cr. jobs :-)
Huntress
Dangerous
Dangerous
Location: Carman, MB, Canada (can't believe I spelt my town's name wrong...oops!)

Post by Huntress »

ralph_hh wrote:
So long I'm happy with the 4000Cr. jobs :-)
Yeah, right now I'm sticking to the 4000 Cr contracts and lower. Any above 4000 Cr and I've found it particularly damaging to my paintwork, but that is another story...

Also when you take on a contract it says that the guild doesn't want you to use weapons of mass destruction. By this I assume they're mentioning QCMs, and is it okay to use them?
"My goal this weekend is to move... just enough so that people don't think I'm dead." -Anonymous
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Huntress wrote:
Also when you take on a contract it says that the guild doesn't want you to use weapons of mass destruction. By this I assume they're mentioning QCMs, and is it okay to use them?
Yes, that's exactly what they're referring to.. you might get away with one if it only takes out the henchmen, but if you accidentally manage to get the mark with it as well, you're out of luck.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied