TCAT in v1.80

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

davcefai
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

TCAT in v1.80

Post by davcefai »

Lovely mission, but there are some points that may need sorting out.

1. After I grabbed my 8th sneak I was told that we now had enough info. However my ship suffered a catastrophic failure during a Random Hits assasination before I saved. I got the "enough data" again after my 10th sneak. I assume that there is a random element. If not, a bug. :D

2.When I was trying to destroy the Mantis I popped into an RSS station to rearm. Saved. and exited. On reloading, the Intelligence Station was not re-created. It seems to be recreated only on entering the system or leaving a main station. Since there are so many other dockables now it would be nice if this were fixed.

3. During one of my attempts to destroy the Dreadnought I hyperspaced to another, higher tech planet to see if I could get more powerful weapons. When I returned to Anenveeza it seemed that my time in witch space did not elapse in normal space - ie the Mantis was still slowly progressing towards the main station. Bug or feature?

Right, the aliens are short one capital ship and I'm on the way to smoke out their nest (touch wood!).

Author: congrats on a fun mission. Please take the foregoing as positive comment.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: TCAT in v1.80

Post by Norby »

I'm afraid I haven't any good news for you: the author, Thargoid is retired and his license deny to modify directly within his works. So If anybody try to fix a small thing first must make another OXP and changing all unique identifiers such as (but not limited to) unique shipdata.plist entity keys, mission variables, script names (this.name), equipment identity strings (EQ_), description list arrays and entity roles, which give a plenty of work in this OXP due to the many models, AIs and scripts.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Norby wrote:
...Thargoid is retired and his license deny to modify directly within his works.
True, but Thargoid does still visit us and he has given his permission for others to take over his portfolio here, so perhaps anybody wishing to maintain this or others of his OXPs should send a PM to him out of courtesy and adopt it/them.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Correct, as per the retirement post, all of my OXPs are currently orphaned but by that post I have given permission for anyone who wishes to take over and adopt any of them for the purposes of improvement, updating, reworking or anything else that they may wish to do with them. This supercedes the licenses that are currently in the OXPs/OXZs themselves for this purpose.

I will make a thread in the expansion pack forum to help keep track of such adoptions, but will need to ask the more active members of the forum to assist in updating it and keeping it going as I don't get chance to come here so often these days, nor do I have time to update and maintain the OXPs/OXZs themselves (although I will try and help advise if needed on stuff if there are specific questions).
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Topic moved to Expansion Pack.