Contracts in Trunk 5595

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Contracts in Trunk 5595

Post by JazHaz »

r5595 | cim | 2012-12-30 14:53:17 +0200 | 2 lines

Fix bugs found by Eric in contracts APIs
I'm playing 5595 currently, trying to accept a cargo contract, I get the BGS sound for accepted contract, however the contract doesn't get accepted and the contracts screen redraws with the same contract again.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Contracts in Trunk 5595

Post by another_commander »

Accepting contracts seems to work fine here. Can you provide more information? Upload the savegame maybe, with instructions what exactly one needs to do for reproducing? Also, list of OXPs?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

JazHaz wrote:
r5595 | cim | 2012-12-30 14:53:17 +0200 | 2 lines

Fix bugs found by Eric in contracts APIs
I'm playing 5595 currently, trying to accept a cargo contract, I get the BGS sound for accepted contract, however the contract doesn't get accepted and the contracts screen redraws with the same contract again.
Hmm... I forgot to update the cache format number with that one. Try shift-restarting to make sure you've got the up-to-date scripts.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

cim wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
Hmm... I forgot to update the cache format number with that one. Try shift-restarting to make sure you've got the up-to-date scripts.
I have the "brick on my shift key" option set so it reloads the cache every time.

In my second session it all worked fine.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Hmm... odd, then. The success sound is only played if player.ship.awardContract returns true, and it plays after the accepted contract is removed from the list. Was there anything on the "current contracts" list on F5 F5 after it failed to accept?

The BGS "accepted" and "rejected" sounds are fairly similar - is it possible that you mistook one for the other? (You should only be able to hear the "rejected" sound if another OXP adjusts your money/hold space levels between the contract details page being displayed, and you selecting "accept contract", so that's also unusual...)
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

cim wrote:
Hmm... odd, then. The success sound is only played if player.ship.awardContract returns true, and it plays after the accepted contract is removed from the list. Was there anything on the "current contracts" list on F5 F5 after it failed to accept?
Yes I had a pre-existing contract. Just couldn't add a new one.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

While using trunk 5603 I am also having issues with the cargo contracts. It is refusing to let me accept any cargo contract involving gemstones. I clickie to accept the cargo contract but I get rejected. It seems only to be with gemstone contracts as I have taken platinum, gold, and numerous other cargo contracts with no issues.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

I bet Liquor/Wines contracts are also a problem... Thank you, that was just what I needed to track this one down. Should be fixed now (r5606)
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

Thank you and you're welcome!

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler