Annoying!
15%
I hate them. Remove please!!
7%

Total votes: 27

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Whats with the animated insect avatars?

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

haha! I like that penguin! :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Whats with the animated insect avatars?

Post by snork »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
haha! I like that penguin! :D
me too.

I am an fan of The Penguins of Madagascar (series) (excellent! German Dub) and this one reminds me of Private. :D
Sadly that program is kind of "hidden" on Nickelodeon, so hardly anyone notices it. :(
The series being better than the movies, at least in German you can watch it through the Nickelodeon website, too.

And re the insects - yes, it did fool me too when it was new, back some years for me.

and me too I block heavily blinking pictures, no matter if avatar or whatever. But them insects no problem.

being without TV, but with a partly dysfunctional VCR where the tuner still works, attached to the Amplifier, I discovered that for many many programs, the audio is all it needs.
So I often listen to TV program, without watching. (talk shows, news, first 180 km of bicycle races, documentaries where it is not about the pictures but about the information, quizzes if you like, etc. etc.
A downside is, muting during advertisement interruptions, I can't see when the program continues.

Oh, and the most outrageous thing is, in Germany you need to pay TV license for broadband internet access. :?