Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Battlestar Galactica

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

nijineko wrote:
receive a file not present error.
Sorry nijineko :oops: I deleted the file after a few days assuming everyone who wanted it had downloaded it, I'll upload it again.
Download Fighter HUD, Stingray and System Redux from the EliteWiki
hwtan
Competent
Competent

Post by hwtan »

Hi Lestradae,

Any progress? Hope that you are having fun with the code. : )
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi hwtan,

I have not done anything with it yet ... I`m just not there yet to implement complicated new stuff into the RS successor.

Please remember that I am not "sitting" on the model :wink: - if someone else wants to do something interesting with it and CaptKev is OK with that, I can give them the Galactica file, too ...

Cheers

L
hwtan
Competent
Competent

Re: ..

Post by hwtan »

Lestradae wrote:
Hi hwtan,

I have not done anything with it yet ... I`m just not there yet to implement complicated new stuff into the RS successor.

Please remember that I am not "sitting" on the model :wink: - if someone else wants to do something interesting with it and CaptKev is OK with that, I can give them the Galactica file, too ...

Cheers

L
A few years has past. Any progress? :D
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

hwtan wrote:
Rather unlikely, because the RS-project in its existing form was discontinued, and we haven't yet heard about its successor, Oolite Extended. As we are approaching a stable release of Oolite, the chances for the latter may be rising. That's a big 'may', however.
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

hwtan wrote:
I might revist this again using the BigShips OXP that Thargoid and Eric Walch wrote. System Redux needs finishing off first, so much for the Christmas deadline. :roll:
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Post by Thargoid »

If you do then give me a shout first. I've got some new scripting (currently in place with the Emerald liner) which may be of interest. It simulates launches from multiple docks, which would look good on a Galactica model to have both of the side docking bays active.

I must admit that was the image I had in mind when I was designing it, although in the Emerald case it has 4 shuttle bays in addition to the main bay. Would look nice though making the Galactica spit out Colonial Vipers...
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

Thanks Thargoid, I will give you a shout in due course.

Great news about having both the docking bays working correctly that was the main reason I never finished the Galactica, hoping that one day someone would find a clever way to overcome the single bay limitation.
hwtan
Competent
Competent

Post by hwtan »

I am so excited by your responses, CaptKev and Thargoid. I have been a fan of Galactica since the 80s, and till now, I do not have the chance of "flying" a viper. It seems like my dream is realizing. Thank you guys. Perhaps, the next stage could be a mission with the Galactica setting, like the Thargoid Wars oxp, of course using the raiders (of the 80s) instead. I hope that I am not imposing on you guys.

Happy coding.
Gibbon
Competent
Competent

Post by Gibbon »

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the BSG models by Coxxon1. These are free to download and use and are all low poly models. All are in 3DS format. I used them to make a BSG mod for Freelancer years ago, primarily due to the low poly factor plus each model uses a single hi-res texture which are very good quality.

Here's a video i made for Freelancer showing off some of the models, sure thay could be used for Oolite if somebody were to convert them : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27wnFqiBlZk

Piccies and ship download details here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/ne ... et%3B29056
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Gibbon wrote:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the BSG models by Coxxon1. These are free to download and use and are all low poly models. All are in 3DS format. I used them to make a BSG mod for Freelancer years ago, primarily due to the low poly factor plus each model uses a single hi-res texture which are very good quality.

Here's a video i made for Freelancer showing off some of the models, sure thay could be used for Oolite if somebody were to convert them : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27wnFqiBlZk

Piccies and ship download details here: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/ne ... et%3B29056
Very nice mod - nice vid - good looking models.

I still have Freelancer somewhere - is the mod complete - I might be tempted to reinstall!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Gibbon
Competent
Competent

Post by Gibbon »

In the middle of updating it atm. With regards to the models, something like the Colonial Raptor is around 2000 polys, don't know if that's too much for Oolite. Haven't got a clue about importing things into this game, FL no problems but Oolite is a mystery to me from the programming side.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Gibbon wrote:
In the middle of updating it atm. With regards to the models, something like the Colonial Raptor is around 2000 polys, don't know if that's too much for Oolite. Haven't got a clue about importing things into this game, FL no problems but Oolite is a mystery to me from the programming side.
Poly count doesn't matter, there is no limitation in Oolite.

Note, however, that strictly speaking there are no polygons in Oolite, either. You have to convert everything into triangles, which your 3d-application can conveniently do for you.
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

which one was the Raptor? I can only remember the Viper? :-/
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I think that was the big boxy 'shuttle' type
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.