Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

can't deliver stuffed trumbles

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

can't deliver stuffed trumbles

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Hi. I have a mission to deliver stuffed trumbles, something to do with a museum. It didn't occur at the destination, still there in f5f5 as a mission. I did wonder if this is to do with screens overwriting or something like that. Launch/dock didn't do it. Going back in save games and trying again didn't do it. In the process of trying a few things I looked at the save game and have been trying to work out how it fits together but it's not so easy. I have tried to move the destination in the save file so it wasn't clashing with another drop off to no avail. Why would I not be able to drop off the stuffed trumbles? I haven't had any timer problems, not with that one anyway. Do I have to do something specific that I forgot when the mission was offered and is not listed in f5f5? Thanks. Richard.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: can't deliver stuffed trumbles

Post by Eric Walch »

richard.a.p.smith wrote:
Hi. I have a mission to deliver stuffed trumbles, something to do with a museum. It didn't occur at the destination, still there in f5f5 as a mission. I did wonder if this is to do with screens overwriting or something like that. Launch/dock didn't do it. Going back in save games and trying again didn't do it. In the process of trying a few things I looked at the save game and have been trying to work out how it fits together but it's not so easy. I have tried to move the destination in the save file so it wasn't clashing with another drop off to no avail. Why would I not be able to drop off the stuffed trumbles? I haven't had any timer problems, not with that one anyway. Do I have to do something specific that I forgot when the mission was offered and is not listed in f5f5? Thanks. Richard.
Are you sure you went to the right system? I your save game you should find:

Code: Select all

mission_ups_parcel = "SPECIAL_DELIVERY";
mission_ups_pplanet = "X";
mission_ups_pplanetname = "yyyy";
When present, the mission is still active. The entry for "mission_ups_pplanetname" is deleted after fulfillment. The target system must be a communist state. In theory a script could have the government of the planet after acceptance of the mission. (Highly unlikely but I remove the double check in future)
You can terminate the mission by setting

Code: Select all

mission_ups_parcel = "NO";
It will not remove the text display but that will be removed on the generation of the next parcel mission.
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

sorted thanks

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Thanks for that. Not sure what happened but I've altered things according to your suggestions so it's gone away. Perhaps I went to the wrong place as you suggest, I did get the problem last night after, ahem, a small beer, then changed the save file. :oops: