Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Crash - Oolite 1.74.2

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

2 more crashes last night, one particularly annoying as I'd just been offered a 6 jump contract paying 70000 credits and hadn't had a chance to save :-(

I'm trying switching from Lucid's 2.6.32-24 Generic to its Lucid's 2.6.32-24 generic PAE kernel even though I only have 4Gb to see if it helps. Perhaps the NX bit preventing execution in data areas might prevent a crash?
Getafix
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: A small ice asteroid, orbiting Oresrati in Galaxy 8 (a.k.a. northwest Armorica).

Post by Getafix »

I was wondering if the reason could be the sound configuration you have applied as described in this post.

Do you by any chance have the possibility to play on a Lucid with its default sound setup?
"Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise." [Newman, Lachmann, Moore]
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

I'm playing with standard stereo sound not A52. So my sound setup is close to the default.

I noticed crashes happening more often with newer Lucid kernels that came from the Update Manager, so at the moment, my suspect is them. Interestingly, I tried downgrading to an older kernel from the Lucid repository and Oolite crashed on startup.