Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Your Ad Here - convenience store all white bug

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

mcarans wrote:
Now half the con store looks fantastic and the other half where the docking bay is located is white with some pinkish bits.
It looks like i've forgotten to list the texture uniforms in the shipdata.plist for the constore bottom section, fixed and re-uploaded:
http://www.box.net/shared/c75m28zsx7

for the DIY'ers, the fix is to open the shipdata.plist in seach set, add these 2 lines to the uniforms setion for the constore ( around line 540)

Code: Select all

uColorMap = { type = texture; value = 0; };
	uEffectsMap = { type = texture; value = 1; };
mcarans
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mcarans »

Fantastic! That fixed it - I'm very grateful to you.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Griff wrote:
mcarans wrote:
Now half the con store looks fantastic and the other half where the docking bay is located is white with some pinkish bits.
It looks like i've forgotten to list the texture uniforms in the shipdata.plist for the constore bottom section, fixed and re-uploaded:
http://www.box.net/shared/c75m28zsx7
Just downloaded the above, thanks for that Griff. Just one question, do I also need the file you posted yesterday on page 1 of the thread?

IE this:
Griff wrote:
shader updates for your ad here v4 & v4.1.4
http://www.box.net/shared/1un4yf9lvt
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

I am still getting quite a few texture missing messages, like

yah_set_C_ad_small_2frames.png
yah_set_E_ad_large_2frames.png
but there have been so many updates and patches that I may have missed something.

Also every time I update the shipdat.plist I need to edit the PoliceInterceptAI.plist line to read policeInterceptAI.plist, I know it is only a problem on case sensitive system and even then only if you try to shot down a con store but it would be nice to have it fixed at source sometime.
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

JazHaz wrote:
...do I also need the file you posted yesterday on page 1 of the thread?
IE this:
Griff wrote:
shader updates for your ad here v4 & v4.1.4
http://www.box.net/shared/1un4yf9lvt
Hi JazHaz, yes, you'll need both files, one download contains updated shipdata.plists for the spin-off 'Advert sets' oxps, and the other download contains the updated shader files that go into the main 'your ad here' oxp
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Griff wrote:
Hi JazHaz, yes, you'll need both files, one download contains updated shipdata.plists for the spin-off 'Advert sets' oxps, and the other download contains the updated shader files that go into the main 'your ad here' oxp
I notice the version 4.1.3 is still the one on the wiki. Ill update is with griffs changes soon. Instead of replacing all shipdata files in the sets, you can also rename griffs files so that they load alphabetical after the sets itself. That way they overwrite the original files and the used does not need to modify an oxp.

Griff, I noticed you raised the minimum oolite version to 1.74. But texture uniforms already worked with oolite 1.69. It is only the alternative easy way that was also used at that time does no longer work in 1.74. (I tested this with the freaky thargoid shader that still worked with 1.69 after changing the texture uniforms.)
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Eric Walch wrote:
Griff, I noticed you raised the minimum oolite version to 1.74.
I couldn't remember why i did that myself for a while, i had to redownload the files and look through them again, :roll: i think it's just for this sort of stuff in the 'materials' sections:

emission_map = { name = "yah_griff_station_top.png"; extract_channel = "a"; }; 
I don't think extract_channel is available in earlier releases
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Griff wrote:
I don't think extract_channel is available in earlier releases
Yep, that part adds the need to make is a 1.74 minimum release. Meaning the whole oxp has to change to 1.74+ in a future upload.