1.74: typos in missiontext

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

1.74: typos in missiontext

Post by Commander McLane »

Upgrading my OXPs for 1.74, and—what do you think—stumbling across a couple of new bugs. :P So, here we go:

First something purely cosmetic from missiontext.plist. The new oolite_nova_ignored has a few typos.
Commander,\n you were the last hope for survivival for the remaining refugees. If you hadn\U2019t\nignored the emergency, they could have escaped the nova explosion.\n\nHow could you abandon them to their fate...
The extra "vi" in "survival" is definitely wrong. There is also a superfluous SPACE in front of the first "you". Should read "\nyou" instead. And then I'm not sure about the linebreak between "hadn't" and "ignored". Is it necessary? Wouldn't the line break in this place anyway?

And a general observation: Some keys in missiontext have had their names changed, which is important for the localization folks. In some cases they got a preceeding "oolite", but not for all missions. Any specific reason for that? I mean, if the native missions shall have a prefix "oolite", it would make sense to give it to all of them, wouldn't it?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

As a general (but previously unwritten, not consistently followed) rule, new keys should get the oolite_ prefix, but old ones should not. Anything whose semantics change counts as new.

Here are the change sets since 1.73.4:
descriptions.plist
missiontext.plist