[Resource] ADCK's Behemoths

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JJP
Average
Average

Post by JJP »

Hello all,

I found a small bug in the shipdata.plist. I was playing around with the Galactic Navy oxp, replacing the Navy SecCom Station with the one I saw in neolite's alpha-version-remake. So checking the logfile I noticed this line:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "adck-m-dock" specifies non-existent model "adckmdock.dat".
Seems there are some underscores missing in the "adck-m-dock"-definition.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Pluisje wrote:
On my no shaders MacMini with Oolite 1.73.4 I ran into a whole bunch of non-textured ships on a Navy mission. The battle was great, but the ships were not what they could/should have been.

ADCK, could you try turning the shaders of on your system, if you haven't already tried that, to reproduce the effect? It might be that the basic texture is put on the model as a shader instead of a texture.

The ships that were textured looked great by the way! I really like this OXP.
BINGO! We have a winner!

I was able to reproduce this on my PC with shaders turned off, as far as I can see it only effects the Damaged Thargon/Thargoid and the Destroyer.

I know how to fix this, and will have a new version up sometime in the next 24 hours.

This will fix JazHaz's problem.
JJP wrote:
Hello all,

I found a small bug in the shipdata.plist. I was playing around with the Galactic Navy oxp, replacing the Navy SecCom Station with the one I saw in neolite's alpha-version-remake. So checking the logfile I noticed this line:

Code: Select all

[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "adck-m-dock" specifies non-existent model "adckmdock.dat".
Seems there are some underscores missing in the "adck-m-dock"-definition.
This will also be fixed in the new version released soonish.

<UPDATE>
Got those 2 bugs fixed on my PC atm, turned out to be a lot more ships were affected than i thought.

The Destroyer missiles are still being lazy and only going a few meters, don't know If I'll be able to fix that for the next release, but I'll try.

Am going to do new versions of the reserve ships for this release, was something that was meant to be in the last release but I forgot :oops: and will make downloading the next version have actual content too and save it from just being a bug fix patch :P
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Fantastic! :D
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Progress Update,

Finished Making new Cobra3, Cobra1, Asp, Krait, Mamba, Python, Pirate-Base models and UV Maps for the reserves/pirate missions, just have to texture them now.

The models aren't anything special really, just the standard models with a bit more detail on the hull, although the new cobra 3 model is pretty-darn detailed.
The Pirate Base is an all new model, made from a hollowed-out asteroid (it's bigger than a corialis station) featuring buildings and a parked cobra3
(the asteroid itself looks like a small moon with a rather large hole right throught the middle)

Took longer than expected, worked on it non-stop since last post, I'll do the textures tomorrow and then release it.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Progress Update 2,

Textures taking longer than expected, plus other stuff came up, I expect to finish it this weekend.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Progress Update 3

Havn't forgotten about this, but I guess I shouldn't set deadlines for myself.
hopefully will finish tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the Pirate Base, it took hours to get the surface texture just to line up and not have seams and not to look tiled or stretched.
The little triangle in the inside left is a cobra 3 (actual size) just to give you an idea of how massive this thing is.
Dock and buildings not textured yet. (And theyre the only things left to texture before release)

Click on pick for larger view.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

ADCK wrote:
Progress Update 3

Havn't forgotten about this, but I guess I shouldn't set deadlines for myself.
hopefully will finish tomorrow.

Here's a pic of the Pirate Base, it took hours to get the surface texture just to line up and not have seams and not to look tiled or stretched.
The little triangle in the inside left is a cobra 3 (actual size) just to give you an idea of how massive this thing is.
Dock and buildings not textured yet. (And theyre the only things left to texture before release)

Click on pick for larger view.

Looks fantastic! Really cool is the hole in the rock!
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

pagroove wrote:
Looks fantastic! Really cool is the hole in the rock!
Thanks!
------------------

Progress Update 4

Just finished the 1.2 patch, along with the previously mentioned aditions, I also fixed a few bugs i missed, such as one of the turrets on the frigate being 1 kilometer away from the ship, broken Military station texture, and a few other errors.
(The destroyers missiles are still lazy though, only going like 10 meters, and i think they're not exploding either, but thats going to take alot of work to get it right, and really cant be f'd fiddling with it yet, but am keeping them "as-is" as a placeholder. Until I finally get around to it.)

Can't upload it yet, will have it up in about an hour, maybe 2.
Pluisje
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Pluisje »

I don't know a lot (if anything) of programming equipment, but in the destroyer missile plist it says:

<key>max_flight_pitch</key>
<real>0.0</real>
<key>max_flight_roll</key>
<real>0.0</real>

It's not simply that the missile is trying to turn but can't, because the max_pitch is 0.0 and so just hangs there?
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Pluisje wrote:
I don't know a lot (if anything) of programming equipment, but in the destroyer missile plist it says:

<key>max_flight_pitch</key>
<real>0.0</real>
<key>max_flight_roll</key>
<real>0.0</real>

It's not simply that the missile is trying to turn but can't, because the max_pitch is 0.0 and so just hangs there?
Ya, it's likely an AI issue, i think I gave it the standard missiles AI, I have to make a custom one.

They're set to no pitch/roll becuse they're technically meant to be a projectile, not a missile
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

http://www.mediafire.com/?hzgytu2whjb

Version 1.2 Released!

See first page for more information.

As for patch notes, I can never be bothered with them, all the additions have been mentioned here on the last 2 or so pages anyway.

I'll grab some screenshots tomorrow, 5am here now lol, ADCK sleepy. 8)

If anyone could Mirror it I would appreciate it, as Mediafire deletes files after 60 days of inactivity.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

AHHH. Downloading now 8) Good work ADCK!
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

ADCK wrote:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hzgytu2whjb

Version 1.2 Released!

If anyone could Mirror it I would appreciate it, as Mediafire deletes files after 60 days of inactivity.
Done.. :D
http://s248731467.onlinehome.us/adcks_b ... .2.oxp.zip
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Thanks again!

Updated original post.
Zieman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zieman »

Awesome stuff.

One nitpick: the Viper (in 3rd pic, original post) has 3 engines & just 2 exhaust plumes...
...and keep it under lightspeed!

Friendliest Meteor Police that side of Riedquat

[EliteWiki] Far Arm ships
[EliteWiki] Z-ships
[EliteWiki] Baakili Far Trader
[EliteWiki] Tin of SPAM