Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Boa II Clipper Class OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

Thanks for nice light bedtime reading - get the idea & have got my BoaClipper working OK (by intruding into the Oolite main game folder this is not a recommended solution) ..can't remember what I did, gotta be doing it to remember, and I'm not doing it just now.

My OS-X is a bit non standard for a variety of reasons & I get odd problems from time to time, which I can fix; never get any frame rate issues though. Might need to upgrade graphics card soon, or go octo-core :D actually there is a nice 8xQuad core Intel set-up floating around somewhere of which I want one please, but for now everything looking oojah cum spiff - oh and I added an extra cargo capability (temporarily) which at first expanded cargo by double the specified amount. Then reverted to my specified extra cargo. Then I deleted it.

Thanks again for all comments which I always appreciate, and thanks for a most attractive BoaClipper.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

As per the ACS OXP thread, we've noticed problems with the Boa Clipper in my log:
Commander McLane wrote:
JazHaz wrote:

Code: Select all

[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp/Config/shipyard.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
failed to parse as valid XML matching DTD
    [plist.homebrew.success]: Successfully interpreted property list... for now.
[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp/Config/demoships.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
Parse failed at line 1 (char 2) - unexpected character (wanted '>')
  [plist.homebrew.parseWarning]: ----- Bad property list: root level element <array> is not <plist> or directive.
  [plist.homebrew.parseError]: ***** Property list parser error: could not find a <plist> element.
[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/nuke.oxp/Config/equipment.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
  [plist.homebrew.success]: Successfully interpreted property list... for now.

[debugTCP.disconnect]: Debug console disconnected with message Lost connection to remote debug console. outStream status: 7, inStream status: 7. Stream error: The operation completed successfully.

[debugTCP.disconnect]: Debug console disconnected with message Lost connection to remote debug console. outStream status: 0, inStream status: 0. Stream error: unknown error.
[debugTCP.connect.failed]: Failed to connect to debug console at 127.0.0.1:8563.
Just to make you aware that you've also got problems in BoaClipper.oxp and nuke.oxp. In all cases a syntactically incorrect plist is the culprit.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Re problems with Boa Clipper OXP:-
The shipyard.plist was originally scripted in XML, but this was changed to OpenStep on 15th March following discussions on this thread. I assume that this XML parse error refers to an earlier version of the OXP, and as far as I know the current version is OK.
The Demoships.plist did appear to be faulty, but I have now replaced it so the version on Box.net currently should be OK.
Hopefully there wont be any more hiccups, but please let me know if there are further problems, either here or by PM.
Smivs.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
I have now replaced it so the version on Box.net currently should be OK.
So if you have made a new version, why haven't you changed the version no.? Just a bit confusing!

Just downloaded from your website and noticed when I installed it that some files had indeed changed.

Will let you know if I get any more errors in my log.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

JazHaz wrote:
So if you have made a new version, why haven't you changed the version no.? Just a bit confusing!
It's not a new version, just a complete one. For some reason an incomplete version of the demoships.plist ended up on the download site. It was missing a few lines which is why it wouldn't parse.
JazHaz wrote:
Will let you know if I get any more errors in my log.
Thanks, keep me posted.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
JazHaz wrote:
It's not a new version, just a complete one. For some reason an incomplete version of the demoships.plist ended up on the download site. It was missing a few lines which is why it wouldn't parse.
What about the error in shipyard.plist? Did that get corrected too?

[plist.parse.foundation.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/BoaClipper.oxp/Config/shipyard.plist as a property list using Foundation. Retrying using homebrew parser. WARNING: the homebrew parser is deprecated and will be removed in a future version of Oolite.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

JazHaz wrote:

What about the error in shipyard.plist? Did that get corrected too?
As I mentioned earlier I replaced the XML shipyard.plist with one in Open Step two days after launch following discussion on this thread. The problem mentioned above clearly refers to the old XML plist. As far as I know the current Open Step shipyard.plist, which was kindly supplied by Eric Walch, is fine.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

Hi -- although my XML BoaClipper was working OK, I've downloaded the open step one, and that is working fine, too.
(I did reduce the texture PNG to 25% though -- to accommodate my graphics card)
It goes great, looks great 8)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

There have now been over 100 downloads of the Boa Clipper oxp.
Thanks everyone!
Edit:- Over 150 downloads now! (19/5/2010)
homeless
Poor
Poor

Post by homeless »

Oh, I'm so saving up for one of these beauties. Looks like a nice step up from the PCC I'm currently using.

Thanks.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Boa II Clipper Class OXP

Post by ffutures »

Small weird problem. My previous ship was a Boa Clipper, I'm now mostly using a Cyclops but haven't removed this OXP since I might at some point want to revert to an earlier point and go off in a different direction such as mining or piracy.

A few flights after I got the Cyclops I docked and while buying the usual fuel etc. was offered external fuel tanks, which I'm guessing came from the Clipper OXP. Given the tiny price I bought them, but needless to say they don't do anything.

Is there any way to get rid of them without uninstalling the Clipper OXP? Or alternatively get them to work?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

ffutures wrote:
Is there any way to get rid of them without uninstalling the Clipper OXP?
Without file editing you can remove the equipment in this way:
1. unistall the oxp
2. load your game
3. save your game
4. reinstall the oxp

Instead of changing the Clipper's tank to work on other ships you can install another fuel related packages. Press 'f' when you see the list of packages within the in-game manager, type 'k:fuel' to shorten the list, then select your favorite.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I'll take a look at this tomorrow - it's quite late now. I have an inkling what may be happening but need to check.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

Thanks!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Just to help me, some information if possible please.
What version of the OXP/Z are you using?
Have you upgraded with each version of the OXP?
Did you sell the Clipper to buy the Cyclops?