[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[REL] Z-GrOovY Ship Repaints Updated 4 Trunk and 1.77.1

Post by dertien »

Z-GrOovY paintshed (Ze Griff's Ooniversal vinYl paintshed) is now open for business and proud to provide Oolite Commanders with new ways on how to be seen in some of Griff's ships.

NOTE: Since all repaints are based upon Griff's excellent shipset, you will need to install these oxp's first:

Requires:

- Griff_Shipset_Replace_v1.34.oxp
- Griff_Shipset_Resources_v1.2.25.oxp

Download them here http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Griff_Industries

This single thread will now provide all downloads for the Z GrOovy Repaints and it would be wise to disregard the older / other threads. I am sure the BB administrator will approve on that too and as soon as Mr Winston provides me with a login and a password for the wiki, I will summarize (briefly) our new company goals and downloads to our products asap.

Now let's dispense with the pleaseantries, the weekend is coming up and we need some new downloads to keep us happy. :D
1 *** {updated} 25-01-2014 - Z_GrOovy_Griffs_CobraMk3_Variety_Pack.oxp ***
Works and has been tested with Oolite 1.77.1 and 1.79.

Some screenshots:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

You've all seen the screenshots in this thread (or maybe not) and now it is time to try them out and give them a spin. The ships are available in systems tech 6 and up just like the Griff's Cobra Mk 3 since the configuration has been shamelessly copied from Griff's all in one oxp. I have changed the laser color on some of them as well, but their specs are the same as the player's Griff's Mk 3. I didn't include any screenshots in the download so besides the screens I upped here yesterday, there are 27 to discover. They are named Alpha through Zulu and the additional "Flamed" version is out there somewhere too. I really envy those boys with big and widescreen monitors now... :mrgreen: @DaddyHoggy it's probably time for that screenshot of yours for your hires desktop. :D

:arrow: Download here : https://app.box.com/shared/y3lmgq3gai

This version should hopefully solve all problems with the decal troubles in Trunk (thanks to Duggan for letting me know).
2 *** {updated} 25-01-2014 - Z_GrOovy_Sidewinder_Variety_Pack.oxp.zip (player only) ***
A new (unreleased) variety pack for your enjoyment yes, it's Sidewinders this time. 7 Sidewinders to choose from. (no player constore sidewinders in this pack):

Some Screenshots:

Image Image Image Image Image

Just Player versions at the moment.

:arrow: Download here: https://app.box.com/s/dat4943w777ttg23gf8s
3 *** {updated} 25-01-2014 - Z_GrOovy_Cobra_Mk1_Variety_Pack.oxp.zip *** (player and NPC)
Some screenshots:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

*** Contents ***

Since the Cobra Mk 3 variety pack was liked by many people, I decided to remake one for the Cobbie Mk 1 as well. They are not based on the same schemes as the Mk 3 's but look good anyhow.
How about a custom paint job for your favorite Cobra Mk1 Commander? A total number of 15 limited edition Cobra Mk 1's have been decorated using heat resistant vinyls and solar flare proof paint. See your Cobra Mk 1 retailer for details on pricing and options. NPC and Player versions in bundle.

- 15 Unique Cobra Mk1's are available. Discover them all and own your favorite.

:arrow: Download: https://app.box.com/s/pphv03k9esu89f5rn9ks

*** Credits ***

A big thank you to:

- Giles Williams and contributors for Oolite
- Griff for his Triangular ship remakes and his shaders
- Diziet Sma for his Cobbie Mk 3 patch

*** Installation ***

Drag and drop this into your AddOns folder of Oolite in addition to the required oxp's

*** Legal bollox ***

This oxp is free to use, distribute, edit or alter as you see fit without my permission. It can not be used in any commercial product and cannot be sold. It is free software and should only cost you download time. I am not in any way liable if your break your Oolite installation using this oxp. Use at your own risk. I have successfully tested it and it works 4 me.

Enjoy.

Steve

*** Z-GrOovY spaceways - Showing you new ways on how to be seen ***

4 *** {update} 25-01-2014 update for file Z_GrOovy_YAH_Sidewinder_Variety_Pack.oxp.zip ***
DOWNLOAD REMOVED (superceded by YAH_Haulers_GriffR_v1.01.oxp - here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16253

(player version in WIP using ships from the pack above)
5 *** {updated} 25-01-2014 - Z_GrOovy_YellOo_Cab_Variety_Pack.oxp.zip ***
The YellOo Cab co can now fly the Moray Star boat now in taxi livery. A choice between a dirty and a clean version is provided to new taxi drivers depending on their work environment. You too can be a cabdriver now. Again, the readme in the download is not there for decoration and provides you with download links to the core oxps this one depends upon.

DOWNLOAD REMOVED, Updated version in WIP

Z-GrOovY paintshed We demonstrate the value of beeing seen.

Have fun,

Steve
Last edited by dertien on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:28 am, edited 19 times in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [WIP] Pimp my Cobra MK 3 - screens + another ques 4 Grif

Post by Smivs »

Hey dertien,
had you spotted this thread including this flamey Cobra?
I can't deny it's a good idea :D , and I love what you're doing, so go with it. You might want to look at the name though, to avoid any confusion.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

Smivs wrote:
Hey dertien,
had you spotted this thread
While we're at it, let's not forget the original pimp thread.
(With all these pimps around, we start running the risk of getting blocked by some family-friendly filter... :twisted: )

And your various reskins are pretty dang good, IMNSHO.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Oops ,

Nope not really... I just thought to have a go at it, but I didn't realise there was another pimp my cobra Mk 3 thread. Maybe I should do a little reading here and there. I was just planning on doing a few colored variants (red black white yellow) that sort of thing with some vinyls on it to see some different cobras ingame, and also attach them to a couple Random Hits oxp missions.

But I'll release it as is soon so one can choose between the "stock" griff cobra mk 3 's and I will put it in the appropriate thread next time I. I didn't mean to double post threads or hijack yours. My bad.

When I release it, I'll put it in your thread.

greetings

Steve
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

dertien wrote:
When I release it, I'll put it in your thread.
FWIW, I think it should stay in a separate thread.

The first 'pimp' thread was about making new models based on the MkIII, the second (Smivs') deals with reskinning the original models. So reskinning of Griff's models really belongs in neither of them.
A better solution might be to edit the title slightly so it's clear(er) we're not dealing with the vanilla ships.
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Pimp my GRIFF Cobra MK 3 - new skins for the MK3

Post by dertien »

Right, it's done. ( I mean the appropriate name change) :D
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [WIP] Pimp my GRIFF Cobra MK 3 - new skins for the MK3

Post by Smivs »

Seconded!
They are excellent and deserve their own thread, but with an un-pimped (is that a word?) title.
TBH I hadn't spotted the 'Pimp my Cobra' competition when I floated the 'Pimp my Ride' idea, and that's still officially a Beta, as I'm busy doing other things right now and haven't developed the concept further.

Edit:- beat me to it! Still 'pimpy (is that a word?) though. What about something like 'Custom Griff Cobras'.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [WIP] Custom GRIFF Cobra MK 3 - new skins for the MK3

Post by dertien »

The word pimp has probably got to thank for that american television show, and I've played a little too much "need for speed most wanted" a while ago...

But to avoid confusion, yep you're right, lets change the name again, cause they will both show up in a search on the bb.

anyways

Done again :)

Steve
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Re: [WIP] Custom GRIFF Cobra MK 3 - new skin(s) for the MK3

Post by Griff »

Wow these ships (and the sidewinders) look a lot nicer with proper paint designs on them!
It is possible to rescale decals so they fit accross the whole hull of the hsip, it gets really tricky though and you end up having to have quite high resolution decals to avoid jaggies and it's ends up being less efficient video card memory wise and more work for the shaders to do than just painting up a set of individual 'skin' textures for the oxp.
you can substitute in your alternative skins for the default ones in the 'Materials' and the 'Shaders' settings in the shipdata.plist
eg, in materials put

Code: Select all

diffuse_map = "my_alternative_cobraIII_skin.png";
and in the shaders section, go to the 'textures =' bit and swap the first texture in the list for your own texture (Materials are used on computers where shaders are unavailable or maybe just not written into the oxp by it's author)

eg, here's an example shipdata.plist taken from the player cobraIII for your oxp, it adds 2 reskinned clones of the player griff_cobra_III using like_ship so you don't have to copy all the settings into your oxp, it'll grab them from the original ship then make any changes using what you have list yourself -i don't think we canjust specify the changed lines from the materials & shaders sections, we have to write them all out in full :

Code: Select all

{
// ++++++         Reskinned COBRA III's              ++++++
"reskinned_normalmapped_cobra_mkIII_player_alternative_texture_1" =  // remember to give all your clones an original name so Oolite doesn't get confused
	{
	like_ship = "griff_normalmapped_cobra_mkIII_player";
	materials = 
		{ 
			"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_diffuse_spec.png" =  // you must'nt change this texture, it has to be the original one referenced in the .dat file
			{ 
				diffuse_map = "my_alternative_cobraIII_skin.png"; // list your alternative texture file here
				specular_color = ( 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 ); 
				shininess = 5; 
				emission_map = { name = "griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_normal.png"; extract_channel = "a"; }; 
				emission_modulate_color = (0.9926, 0.9686, 0.7325); 
			}; 
		};
	shaders = 
		{ 
            "griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_diffuse_spec.png" = // you must'nt change this texture, it has to be the original one referenced in the .dat file
			{ 
                vertex_shader = "griff_normalmap_ships.vertex"; 
                fragment_shader = "griff_cobra_mk3_player.fragment"; 
                textures = 
						(
							"my_alternative_cobraIII_skin.png", // list your alternative texture file here
							"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_normal.png",
							"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_effects.png",
							"griff_player_decal.png"
						);
				uniforms =
						{
						uColorMap = { type = texture; value = 0; };
						uNormalMap = { type = texture; value = 1; };
						uEffectsMap = { type = texture; value = 2; };
						uDecalMap = { type = texture; value = 3; };	
						uTime = "universalTime";
						nearly_dead = "throwingSparks";	
						alertlevel = "alertCondition";
						hull_heat_level = "hullHeatLevel";	 				
						engine_power = "speedFactor"; 
						PaintColor1 = { type = vector; value = "0.0 0.0 0.0"; };
						PaintColor2 = { type = vector; value = "0.0 0.0 0.0"; };					
						Decal1_Scale_and_Position = { type = vector; value = "0.59 0.2 9.6"; };
						Decal1_Rotation = { type = "float"; value = -0.73840; };	
						}; 
					};
			};

};

"reskinned_normalmapped_cobra_mkIII_player_alternative_texture_2" =  // remember to give all your clones an original name so Oolite doesn't get confused
	{
	like_ship = "griff_normalmapped_cobra_mkIII_player";
	materials = 
		{ 
			"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_diffuse_spec.png" =  // you must'nt change this texture, it has to be the original one referenced in the .dat file
			{ 
				diffuse_map = "my_alternative_cobraIII_skin_2.png"; // list your 2nd alternative texture file here
				specular_color = ( 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 ); 
				shininess = 5; 
				emission_map = { name = "griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_normal.png"; extract_channel = "a"; }; 
				emission_modulate_color = (0.9926, 0.9686, 0.7325); 
			}; 
		};
	shaders = 
		{ 
            "griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_diffuse_spec.png" = // you must'nt change this texture, it has to be the original one referenced in the .dat file
			{ 
                vertex_shader = "griff_normalmap_ships.vertex"; 
                fragment_shader = "griff_cobra_mk3_player.fragment"; 
                textures = 
						(
							"my_alternative_cobraIII_skin_2.png", // list your 2nd alternative texture file here
							"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_normal.png",
							"griff_cobra_mk3_mainhull_effects.png",
							"griff_player_decal.png"
						);
				uniforms =
						{
						uColorMap = { type = texture; value = 0; };
						uNormalMap = { type = texture; value = 1; };
						uEffectsMap = { type = texture; value = 2; };
						uDecalMap = { type = texture; value = 3; };	
						uTime = "universalTime";
						nearly_dead = "throwingSparks";	
						alertlevel = "alertCondition";
						hull_heat_level = "hullHeatLevel";	 				
						engine_power = "speedFactor"; 
						PaintColor1 = { type = vector; value = "0.0 0.0 0.0"; };
						PaintColor2 = { type = vector; value = "0.0 0.0 0.0"; };					
						Decal1_Scale_and_Position = { type = vector; value = "0.59 0.2 9.6"; };
						Decal1_Rotation = { type = "float"; value = -0.73840; };	
						}; 
					};
			};

};	

};
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Hi Griff,

Thanx for the ... elaborate reply. :D I'll have to study that in the morning.

Just for a heads up, here's a showcase of a few other paintjobs I ve been able to vinyl onto your Cobra mk 3. I just wanted some variety on the cobras MK 3 and will see if I can get some of the paintjobs done too for the Mk 1 's. I've got the hang of it now so should be fairly straightforward.

Release will be soon, just making a few more tomorrow to add to the pack. The kind of look I wanted to achieve is similar to what you find in I-war. (will call it Griffs_CobraMK3_variety_pack.oxp)

Goodnight people and cu tomorrow.

Steve
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

8)

I want a hi-res version of the 2nd up from the bottom as my wallpaper!!!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

they look great! I-war was what i was ripping off with the first set of decals i made for my normalmapped oxp, i loved the graffiti the pirates sprayed all over the ships they captured in that game, i wanted the pirate decals to look the same, like they just put on their spacesuits and took a can of spraypaint to the hull :D
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

I want a hi-res version of the 2nd up from the bottom as my wallpaper!!!
@DaddyHoggy

Hehe, you want some fries with that ?
they look great!
@ Griff

Wait till you see them all.

Well I have managed to make a few more. :D The complete set has 27 new skins. 1 Flame skin (the one at the top of this thread) and another 26 from Alpha to Zulu, with their different paint schemes. The whole oxp is about 47 megs, so I think I will split it up to put it online. I have made screenshots of them all, but maybe it would be wise to put a 'spoiler' warning since it would be cool to 'discover' them in the Ooniverse.

I just need to add some scripts so they will show up as NPC's too. Hm will take some time since coding isn't really my cup of tea, but I'm learning fast. Boy is this a great game.

For the player versions, I did just the same as that code you wrote for me here on the page, but I added the "custom views" section to all of them too in the shipdata.plist file. Dunno if that was necessary, but it didn't hurt :wink:

I will have a go at the cobra mk 1's a little later today.

On another note, I am planning on remaking my taxi skin for your Moray I made up earlier this week.

Cu later all

Steve
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Hey Griff,

Now that I think of it, maybe it would be cool to turn the sharkteeth I made on some of the cobras to some kind of decal system ( so it can have a randomness factor to it, and one wouldn't be forced to use two exact same textures with and without sharkteeth) would you be willing to create an oxp that handles that, if I send you the sharkteeth psd file (Photoshop) or a Png file ?

Let me known if, what and when.

Oh, and... I-war and EOC were great games, but a real drag to mod... Particle systems used lightwave to create EOC (I-war 2). Basically Elite was my first game on the C64 and it always was my favorite before moving on to Frontier Elite 2 on the PC (486 DX 2 33 Mhz). Man, that was gameplay. Oolite keeps the gameplay on the front seat (unlike X3-Reunion and Terran conflict even with the Xtended mod look nice but something is missing, or I would say they put too much in it, micromanagement, gate systems ... ) adds some cool grafics to it and is a pleasure to mod...

Not forgetting that the community here on the BB is helpful and nice too. :D

Hear you guys soon

Steve
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

It seems to me that you are trying to Dertienify and Griffify the Ooniverse by making custom versions for every role you can think of. (Not a bad thing).
Anyway, as you are now making custom versions of Griffs ships, I really think you (or some charitable soul with the right knowledge) should set up a Wiki page in the line of Griff Industries for you work. Might I suggest CUDER G-Works as a potential name for you enterprise.
As in Custom Dertien Griff Works.

Would be great to have all your work in one place with all the dependencies documented.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).