Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

JS problems with galactic navy oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

m4r35n357
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

JS problems with galactic navy oxp

Post by m4r35n357 »

[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (GalNavy Build 0139): TypeError: mission.runMissionScreen is not a function
[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: /home/super/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.2.2.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 387.

could explain why I wasn't offered a mission. I'll investigate if there's an easy fix . . .

Ian.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: JS problems with galactic navy oxp

Post by Eric Walch »

m4r35n357 wrote:
[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (GalNavy Build 0139): TypeError: mission.runMissionScreen is not a function
That message is correct. mission.runMissionScreen was deprecated for 1.74 and stops working with 1.75

That is the reason why GalNavy was updated to v 5.3.0 :D
m4r35n357
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by m4r35n357 »

Sorry, I did check the latest available version before reporting this and found 5.2.2, so is the fixed version available?
Ian.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

m4r35n357 wrote:
Sorry, I did check the latest available version before reporting this and found 5.2.2, so is the fixed version available?
Ian.
You are right. I assumed Nemoricus would have updated the wiki link when updating his oxp. Apparently he only updated the link in the GalNavy topic on this forum. Nemoricus even has a link to a 5.4 test version in one of the messages at the end.

I updated the wiki now with the actual version 5.3.

EDIT: I see that Nemoricus still has links to both the 5.2.2 and the 5.3.0 version in above topic. Probably he didn't realize enough that the old one will stop working with Oolite 1.75
m4r35n357
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by m4r35n357 »

Just tried 5.3.0, bought a victory bond, then selected reserve duty and got bumped out of the mission system. I exited the station then docked again, and tried reserve duty first - I got the news screen and then got bumped out again.

Log errors:
[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (GalNavy 5.3.0): TypeError: system.systemNameForID is not a function
[script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: /home/super/.Oolite/AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.3.0.oxp/Scripts/galnavymain.js, line 394.

I'll try to fix myself anyway,

Ian.
m4r35n357
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by m4r35n357 »

OK I changed the s to an S (System.systemNameForID) and now get missions, but I think there is still a menu glitch in there somewhere, I'll report back if I encounter it again.

Ian.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

m4r35n357 wrote:
OK I changed the s to an S (System.systemNameForID) and now get missions,
Apparently I fixed that in my version and forgot about it. Better send Nemordicus a pm about this problem. I'm sure he will update the oxp soon.
His test version 5.4.0 has the same casing bug.
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

Any word on an ETA for the fixed version, I was just about to start my Navy career when I saw this. Should I just make the fix myself and hope for the best?

*EDIT* Fix doesn't work for me.
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Link to 5.3.0 in Wiki gives me a file named Galactic Navy 5.2.2 and I don't know if it's really 5.3.0 or not...
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Zireael wrote:
Link to 5.3.0 in Wiki gives me a file named Galactic Navy 5.2.2 and I don't know if it's really 5.3.0 or not...
You are right. I thought I updated the link, but probably not. I just corrected it and now its pointing to the right file as given by the author here. (I probably copied the first link in that message without checking :oops: )

But that version still has one character wrong that bugs with Oolite 1.75 . I added a link to a working script on that page for download. Now just hope Nemoricus finds time to incorporate it all in the full version.