Chinese Oolite

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Chinese Oolite

Post by Smivs »

Silly thing but when I checked who was online a minute ago, I noticed Baidu [spider]. I believe that's the Chinese Google, and it made me wonder if we have any Chinese members. Anyone know?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Chinese Oolite

Post by Cody »

From Dizzy's Oolite download site, the map says that there have been two visits from China and one from Hong Kong since 21/08/10.
So at least we know that there's interest in China. We also know that plenty of people are still visiting the site, even though it's not been updated for quite a while.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

In the past month, oolite.org has had 44 visits from China, of which 50 % ended up on the Download page.
Azathoth
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Azathoth »

El Viejo wrote:
From Dizzy's Oolite download site, the map says that there have been two visits from China and one from Hong Kong since 21/08/10.
So at least we know that there's interest in China. We also know that plenty of people are still visiting the site, even though it's not been updated for quite a while.
Interesting map.

Suprised to see Russia as the second biggest downloader. Was Elite not very successfull in the United States in the '80s? Or is it that they have less interest in retro games than the Brits?