Hi from a new- old timer and a quick question.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

sunlover72
Above Average
Above Average

Hi from a new- old timer and a quick question.

Post by sunlover72 »

Hi all

Way back in the day i was hooked on the origonal elite, first installing it on the schools bbc, then spending endless hours playing it on my home machine (a C64 if i recall rightly).

While doing my yearly check to see if ELITE4 is ever going to happen i stumbled across oolite- and once again im slightly hooked :D

But- ive got to that point now where- your kind of looking for things to do, endless runs between agri and industrial planets have got me kitted out and im looking for a variation on jumping to anarchies for randomn slaughter (though this is fun!).

So im looking for a couple of addons that will enhance gameplay but not cause balance issues, really id be happy with some extra missions (for the navy or police or something) and maybee a few extra ships to aim for..

Can anyone recommend one or two good addons? im using an old laptop, so eye candy isnt really important as i doubt my laptop could handle it.

Finally, i have to say im amazed at the software, i thought 'the new kind' was good, but this is awesome ;)

Trev
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Hi, sunlover 72, and first of all welcome to the boards and of course to this great game! :D

Giving OXP recommendations is always very personal/subjective. However, if you're mostly after missions, I'd recommend you take a look over at the Missions page of the Elite Wiki. The Wiki is generally a great source for everything Oolite-related. On the Missions page you will find information on all OXP missions available, including where they will start and possible entry requirements. And the download links, of course:

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_Missions_Old
sunlover72
Above Average
Above Average

Post by sunlover72 »

Hi

Thanks for the welcome, and a HUGE thanks for the link, so many to choose from!.. that will keep me busy for a long long time :D
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Hi sunlover, and welcome!

As Cdr. McLane already said, take a look at the Oolite Wiki to find all the good stuff. The link to its main page is http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite_Main_Page. From there you have easy access to a list of OXPs and also to the new Oolite Missions page.

Enjoy :)