Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

A few faulty OXP links

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

A few faulty OXP links

Post by CheeseRedux »

I've neither played Oolite nor maintained my OXP folder in quite some time, due to the usual reason*
So, taking advantage of the wonderful new sortable OXP list, I decided it was time for some house cleaning. 162(!) downloads later, I've encountered a few that didn't work as advertised.

In the order I ran into them:

Trident Down v2.0.2: Clicking link produces a black screen instead of the save file menu. All other downloads on Ramirez' page function.

Croydon Starsoarer: Could not locate remote server.

Old Ships 2010: This shared file or folder link has been removed.

S.I.R.F.: Old Oosat2 version works, updated versions links to a file called commodities.ods

I've now checked virtually all OXPs listed with a date from Nov09 until present, and other than those 4, they all work.

*The much talked about** Real Life

**Yes, the rumours are true; It does exist.

Edit: Authors have been PMd
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Re: A few faulty OXP links

Post by maik »

CheeseRedux wrote:
I've neither played Oolite nor maintained my OXP folder in quite some time, due to the usual reason*
So, taking advantage of the wonderful new sortable OXP list, I decided it was time for some house cleaning. 162(!) downloads later, I've encountered a few that didn't work as advertised.

In the order I ran into them:

Trident Down v2.0.2: Clicking link produces a black screen instead of the save file menu. All other downloads on Ramirez' page function.

Croydon Starsoarer: Could not locate remote server.

Old Ships 2010: This shared file or folder link has been removed.

S.I.R.F.: Old Oosat2 version works, updated versions links to a file called commodities.ods

I've now checked virtually all OXPs listed with a date from Nov09 until present, and other than those 4, they all work.

*The much talked about** Real Life

**Yes, the rumours are true; It does exist.

Edit: Authors have been PMd
Thanks for the feedback! In the time between your original post and the edit I also PM'ed them...
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

maik wrote:
In the time between your original post and the edit I also PM'ed them...
You're too efficient! :wink:
"Actually this is a common misconception... I do *not* in fact have a lot of time on my hands at all! I just have a very very very very bad sense of priorities."
--Dean C Engelhardt
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

CheeseRedux wrote:
maik wrote:
In the time between your original post and the edit I also PM'ed them...
You're too efficient! :wink:
On the contrary, I was too late. ;-)
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

CheeseRedux wrote:
162(!) downloads later
Since the compatibility column in the new sortable table has a lot of gaps at the moment, could I ask you to report back those that do not presently work with Oolite 1.74.2? Once you're through I would set all others (which one was the oldest one you downloaded?) to 'Y'.
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

As stated, I grabbed virtually everything from November 2009 onwards.
Without going back through the entire list, I think the only one I skipped was the Italian thing.
A lot of those I'll end up not using though, since they either don't fit in my Ooniverse, or conflict with others. But it's not much of an effort to extract those into a separate AddOns folder, fire up Oolite and look for errors. So that's doable.
Just gotta wade through them first.
Oh, and upgrade from 1.73.4! :oops:
--Dean C Engelhardt
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tinker »

New SIRF file location is http://www.box.net/shared/bp6hutrmcy the wiki points to a spreadsheet file to help with calculating commodity prices.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

tinker wrote:
New SIRF file location is http://www.box.net/shared/bp6hutrmcy the wiki points to a spreadsheet file to help with calculating commodity prices.
Thanks, I updated the Wiki.
Obsidian
Competent
Competent

Post by Obsidian »

Just upped to 1.74.2 and found links to Neolite ships broken, maybe. I get this from the ISP, 'Sorry, we can't find "www.hbclinux.net.nz".'
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

Obsidian wrote:
Just upped to 1.74.2 and found links to Neolite ships broken, maybe. I get this from the ISP, 'Sorry, we can't find "www.hbclinux.net.nz".'
It's the same server that the Croydon Starsoarer is located on... that one seems to be down for the moment. Thanks for the information!
Simon B
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Simon B »

Hah - didn't know starsoarer was in the wiki ... I'm on to my host service, but now I think about it, I have not heard from them in a while. I see I still own the domain name so we'll see. Probably just a glitch.
Simon Bridge
[re2dux] [neolite]
"Everything is perfect down to every last flaw..."
HBT: The Book of Verse - Principia Discordia
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

The Old Ships link is now up & running again.
--Dean C Engelhardt
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard

Post by maik »

CheeseRedux wrote:
The Old Ships link is now up & running again.
Thanks for the heads up. Since the link is still the same it must have been a glitch on box.net's side.
Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

Trident Down link is fixed - there was an erroneous space in the name of the zip file.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
CheeseRedux
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CheeseRedux »

Ramirez wrote:
Trident Down link is fixed - there was an erroneous space in the name of the zip file.
There appears to be some errors in the zip: When I try unzipping it I get a lot of 'invalid file name' messages.
Redownloading gave same results.
--Dean C Engelhardt