Help with oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Elite is King
Poor
Poor

Help with oxp

Post by Elite is King »

Hi this is my 1st post so be kind. Have just found this wonderfull game and am trying to get some of the oxp's to work however i have got the following message after i have installed them

'griff_cobra_normalmapped.oxp' requirements property list could not be parsed

the only way i have found to stop this message is to remove the oxp :(

has any one got any ideas what i have not done, I am running the oolite test relase 1.74.2 which i downloaded on a couple of days ago

please help
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Hi, EiK, welcome to the boards! Friendliest this side of Riedquat: everyone is kind, or kind of kind, at least ...

First thing: it sounds like there's an error in the OXP, but I'm not a technical type so I can't answer your question. Fear not! The amount of grey matter around here is scary and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help out. One thing which might be useful: what OS are you using (Windows, Mac, Linux) and which brand thereof (XP, Vista, OSX 10.5 etc.)?
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Help with oxp

Post by JensAyton »

Elite is King wrote:
'griff_cobra_normalmapped.oxp' requirements property list could not be parsed
Are you certain you’re using 1.74.2? I ask because there’s a bug in the so-called “stable release” 1.65 which makes it say that when it means to say “'griff_cobra_normalmapped.oxp' is not compatible with version 1.65 of Oolite”.
Elite is King
Poor
Poor

Post by Elite is King »

I am sure its that version but will download again and see how i go thanks for the info, will let you know :)