Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Ore Processor error.....i think! :wink:

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Ore Processor error.....i think! :wink:

Post by NorthenderPNE »

I'm using the latest ore processor oxp 1.55 and upon collecting radioactives and alloys i'm getting true ton in the text display instead of 1 ton coming up. Looking through the script there's no radioactives or alloys mentioned that i can see. Is this an incompatability with the Trunk or an oversite? :wink:

Alloys:

Radioactives:

I'm using the latest Trunk 3388 if you needed to know. :wink:
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Should it say "ton" at all - I thought it was agreed that a TC is not a "ton" or Tonne - but a mythical pseudo-measure that takes into account both mass and volume, but deliberately can't be tied back to RL(tm).
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Should it say "ton" at all - I thought it was agreed that a TC is not a "ton" or Tonne - but a mythical pseudo-measure that takes into account both mass and volume, but deliberately can't be tied back to RL(tm).
In which case it should say:
1 metric ton of alloys extracted filling 1TC
Or something like that. It seems to me that the OXP writer wants to give the impression of actual mass processed here, and it is not a bad idea in the case of a mining venture.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Well whatever the amount i'm sure it shouldn't use the word 'true' when showing the amount! But what do i know, i just play the game! :wink:

Maybe the guys who wrote it can explain it. It's no biggie but we're here to point things out. I hope! :wink:
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

I think your oolite has been infected with a gangsta virus. Soon you'll be pimping the ass off your cobrer and lighting up some foo whos messing with your deliveries.

The only way to fix this is to dress your computer in burberry and hang lots of gold chains off your monitor. That should make it feel suitably righteous.
Yrol_Denjeah
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Yrol_Denjeah »

Wordnik! ;o)
(in a cutely insane, electronic, stuttering female voice)
Are you Afraid? What is it you Fear?
The End of your Trivial Existence? Ha!
When the History of my Glory is written,
your Species shall only be a Footnote
to my Magnificence.
I am SHODAN.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Maybe it was supposed to be a Troy ton?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

NorthenderPNE wrote:
Well whatever the amount i'm sure it shouldn't use the word 'true' when showing the amount! But what do i know, i just play the game! :wink:
As far as I can see there is no word "true" in ore processor. So I think you have scooped a splinter from an other oxp. Version 1.55 of OP does not generate scoop messages at al. The only scoop messages you see are generated by the system. And that is scooped a 'name'.
The amounts you see are generated after processing. There should be no difference in using with 1.73 or trunk.

FYI: the messages are not in the scripts but in the shipData.plist under the script_info key. All the messages you see under script_actions are ignored and only used when played on good old Oolite 1.65.

Trunk has a few very nice features for improvement of this oxp. Currently a scripted splinter has no content and because of the delayed awarding there now is a short moment the masses in the hold are not correct. Its only updated after processing of the splinter.
With 1.74 it will be possible to scoop the barrel as 1 ton of real mineral and than convert the content of the same splinter into something else after processing. But this will break backward compatibility with 1.73 so it is not likely added soon after a 1.74 release although I already experimented with it in trunk.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Thanks for the explanation Eric, guess i'll have to look for the offending oxp then. Like i said, i just play the game. Maybe there's a Trumble on board that i don't know about, and he's been messing with the ships systems.

Now where did i leave my Trumble exterminator? :wink:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

It’s a long shot, but are you by any chance using a custom build against GNUstep 1.20?
Yrol_Denjeah
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Yrol_Denjeah »

Maybe the "true" is some misguided boolean value transmitted
instead of the amount of commodity?
(in a cutely insane, electronic, stuttering female voice)
Are you Afraid? What is it you Fear?
The End of your Trivial Existence? Ha!
When the History of my Glory is written,
your Species shall only be a Footnote
to my Magnificence.
I am SHODAN.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

It’s a long shot, but are you by any chance using a custom build against GNUstep 1.20?
If that was directed at me Ahruman, then i only download the Trunks that are on the nightly's. Beyond that i'm a little dumb! :wink:
Illuminaughty
Average
Average

Post by Illuminaughty »

I also got this error, but I'm sorry I can't remember which oxps were causing the conflict, since I already took them out in order to have a smooth running ore processor.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Illuminaughty wrote:
I also got this error, but I'm sorry I can't remember which oxps were causing the conflict, since I already took them out in order to have a smooth running ore processor.
So it is ore processor after all. Maybe something in trunk has changed in the way strings are handled. I defined the splinter content in shipData.plist as follow:

Code: Select all

<key>script_info</key>
		<dict>
			<key>cargotype</key>
			<string>Alloys</string>
			<key>message</key>
			<string>@1 ton of Alloys extracted</string>
			<key>quantity</key>
			<integer>1</integer>
		</dict>
Than, in the js script of the splinter I use: message.replace("@1", quantity)
I use not an ascii plist but an XML plist. There quantity is explicit defined as an integer. For some reason it is now replacing the "@1" with the word "true". Currently I have no clue why. Is for any chance the plist converted to an ascii version? Because in that case the text

var quantity = this.ship.scriptInfo.quantity;
in the splinter script should be replaced by

var quantity = parseInt(this.ship.scriptInfo.quantity);
I already did that in my next 1.56 version that I planned to release soon anyway.

I just replaced version 1.55 with 1.56. This version uses the new cargo handling introduced in rev 3091. That is already some time ago and this new version of OP runs without problems on my computer since. This new version is still compatible with current Oolite 1.73.
I would be interested if this one stops the "true" message.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Mon May 24, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Thanks for that Eric. I'm testing it as i type this, and so far no problems. I've picked up everything but alloys so far so will let you know as soon as i do.

:D :wink: