Changing Brightness/Contrast/Gamma settings

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Sydney2K
Competent
Competent

Changing Brightness/Contrast/Gamma settings

Post by Sydney2K »

Is there a way to change the brightness, contrast and/or gamma settings in-game? I have just transferred my game from a laptop to a desktop, and I am finding it really difficult to see distant objects, as my monitor is set quite dark for the game. I really don't want to change the settings on my monitor nor on my Windows 7 desktop, as that's set up perfectly for other applications I have.

Failing an in-game solution, does anyone know of any applications that allow you to control these settings via profiles?

O/S: 64bit Windows 7 Professional
Video card and driver version: ATI Radeon 3850 256M/b, V8.681.0.0D (latest), also using ATI Control Centre.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Screen gamma is the thing you probably need to change.. the Catalyst Control Centre is where you adjust it. Dunno if you can set profiles with the CCC though.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

CCC will let you change gamma settings etc, and set up profiles... don't know if that can be applied in-game, though.
If you're going to load Oolite, load the suitable profile, I suppose.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Sydney2K
Competent
Competent

Post by Sydney2K »

Thanks for the replies, I was able to set up a profile in Catalyst and upped the screen gamma by a factor of 1. It looks good! As I play with an expanded window and not full screen, it's simple for me to load the Oolite profile while I'm playing, and then return to my defaults after I've finished.