Trunk 1.74.0.3136 Trunk Install Error

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Trunk 1.74.0.3136 Trunk Install Error

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Hi guys, got home from work this morning and downloaded the latest trunk but i'm getting an install error. Anyone else getting it?
  • Error decompressing data! Corrupt installer.
I'm crying now, see what you've done. :( :)

Forgot to mention, it's the windows version and it gets to 56% sticks on BlueDanube.ogg. Downloaded it 3 times. :wink:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

The same thing happens to me, also on BlueDanube.ogg, but at 75%. Looks like we have a dud installer.. seems to have been a problem with the post-compile compression.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The Linux nightly build failed today with an internal compiler error (something funny with the build setup? There does not seem to be anything exotic or weird in the code of OODebugMonitor.m and last change on this file is five months old). I think that there might be a correlation between the two incidents. It looks like whenever the Linux build fails the Windows installer comes out also corrupted. Can't explain it and we will need some further investigation of the case.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

I've just compiled a Trunk 1.74.0.3136 Installer here on my own machine and checked it. It's working normally and I've uploaded it to Dizzy's Oolite Downloads.

Use this link to download:
* deleted *

I'll leave it up until the next successful build happens, then I'll pull it.
3142 built successfully, so I've taken 3136 down.
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Good job Diziet, thanks for the support.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

You're welcome..

I knew it'd come in handy if I kept that script around.. :D
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Thanks Diziet, worked a charm mate! :wink:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

You're welcome mate.. always good to see a happy customer.. :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

3136 Installer removed, as 3142 installs correctly.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Thanks Dizzie.

btw: Any news about your hosting project + CMS?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

CMS testing took longer than expected due to various RL hassles.. but I've decided to go with Drupal, largely because the modules/plugins I'd like to use with Joomla are not exactly cheap.

I hope to have a alpha version online for testing in a few weeks. I'll announce it when it's up, as I'll be looking for volunteer testers.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Pretty! Thx, Dizzie .-)