WIKI: v1.74 changes

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

WIKI: v1.74 changes

Post by JazHaz »

I have created a new category page to mark important changes with v1.74.

Code: Select all

[[Category:1.74]]
Suggest that we can mark incompatible OXPs etc with the category tag, and will help people to identify things to change when 1.74 is released.

Have started marking with the energy bomb change.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Maybe it is a bit premature starting a 1.74 changes page on the wiki at this time. I don't think the idea is bad in itself, but 1.74 does not officially exist yet. It is under continuous development and changes to control, scripting and graphics interfaces may occur at any time and can be quite drastic too. What you put up on the wiki today might not necessarily be valid tomorrow. You will have to keep a very close eye to changes occuring in trunk continuously to be able to ensure that your wiki page is up to date with development. Alternatively, once 1.74 is officially released, you can put up on the wiki all the changes (which will be published in the Changelogs on Berlios in any case), which will be considered final at the time of release.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Note that it is EliteWiki, not OoliteWiki. “1.74” is not an appropriate category name.
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I think it would be better to have a link to a release note that describes all changes, and perhaps has a list of known incompatabilities.