On energy bombs

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Ramirez
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ramirez »

another_commander wrote:

Agreed and it has been inserted in the code in revision 3016. The handler is called shipAcquiredTarget, takes as parameter the entity that has been targeted and works both for player and NPCs. Example of usage:

Code: Select all

this.shipAcquiredTarget = function (target)
{
	if (!target.isMissile)  log("shipAcquiredTarget", "Player has acquired target " + target);
	else  log("shipAcquiredTarget", "Player has targeted incoming missile " + target);
}
That sounds great. The idea I had was to do some kind of auto missile selection, where the ship's on-board computer chooses a missile based on the target's stats. Instead of having multiple missile pylons, you just have one slot that's served by a rotary launcher, rather like the one here.

I'd probably build it into a specific ship (the one in my avatar) rather than making it available as a normal piece of equipment. Like the Missiles and Bombs OXP it would really just be an experiment to see what can be done.
Download Resistance Commander plus many other exciting OXPs HERE
snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: On energy bombs

Post by snork »

just as reminder - in 1.76 and trunk from tonight the energy bomb is still opt-out, not opt-in.
{
strict_mode_only = false;
}
Does someone have an idea why this topic is not found when I do a search for energy bombs (search for all terms, all forums, in topic titles only) ? :?
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

snork wrote:
just as reminder - in 1.76 and trunk from tonight the energy bomb is still opt-out, not opt-in.
{
strict_mode_only = false;
}
Does someone have an idea why this topic is not found when I do a search for energy bombs (search for all terms, all forums, in topic titles only) ? :?
Because the forum's own search engine is utterly, utterly useless.... :roll:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Because the forum's own search engine is utterly, utterly useless....
Heh, yeah... it ain't the best. Use Diziet Sma's search plug-in... that works a treat!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

El Viejo wrote:
DaddyHoggy wrote:
Because the forum's own search engine is utterly, utterly useless....
Heh, yeah... it ain't the best. Use Diziet Sma's search plug-in... that works a treat!
I wanted to say that too - but forgot to use the plugin to search for the thread discussing the plugin... (how ironic!)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Ahruman wrote:
m4r35n357 wrote:
Is this subject to debate
No. We’ve had the debate, at length, and the decision reached was to make this change after the next stable release (i.e., 1.76).
The debate was here in this topic. Looking up the first page, it started exactly 2 years ago and was planed originally for 1.74.

In my opinion was the q-bomb always mend as a more logical replacement for the e-bomb. I also think aegidian planed it that way because he already put an 'energybomb' role on the q-mine. And also the 'has_energy_bomb' key in shipdata has awarded an npc ship with a q-bomb since 1.65. He just never came to removing the e-bomb from the player code. npc never had it in the first place.
Gimi wrote:
Is the Q-bomb installed internally, and available on the tab-key? If so, it could actually become a key I can use in Oolite. My current Commander has never used an Energy Bomb.
Idem. Maybe in the very beginning, but after that never.