System Redux Bug and oddity

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

System Redux Bug and oddity

Post by ADCK »

Firstly, a bug with the 2970 trunk;

Small sections of moons textures are missing (see pics)

Secondly, the oddity, if i look away from a moon for 5 seconds and then look back, it's position has changed (as if in orbit) however, if i stare at it it doesn't move, this may be a design limitation, but I thought I'd post it here incase it isn't.
Actually no, disregard, after examining the pics it's not the moons but the entire planet thats moved, i had only used yaw and pitch and had not rolled at all, but the planet and moon had!
Actually ignore that second part entirely, I can't seem to reproduce it so I must of rolled at some point ><

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The new planets code is still undergoing development. I am not sure about the planet moving thing - judging from the pictures it looks like you have applied roll, the relative positions of the moon and planet have not changed, but as far as the moons are concerned, they are not missing parts, they are just lit in a different way and have part of them in the shade. If you look closely, you will see that the entire moon spheres are present, but only the topmost parts are lit.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

Not talking about the shadowsm, look closer... zoom right in, you'll see a small triangle of pure black, i'll get another pic where the triangle isn;t on the edge or in shadow, i took the pic a bit late.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Oh, that one! Yes, if you hang around looking at the planet rotating, you will most likely find that it also has a missing triangle somewhere. I think we have a good idea why that triangle is missing. Should be fixed very soon.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

BAH and i went thru all the trouble of uploading a new pic, btw, the triangles size is relative to distance, the triangle wont get bigger as you get closer.

Well, might as well show the pics
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

ADCK wrote:
BAH and i went thru all the trouble of uploading a new pic, btw, the triangles size is relative to distance, the triangle wont get bigger as you get closer.
You had already uploaded them as the triangles were also visible in your first post. (Only in the full picture clearly visible at the left side of the small moon)