[Release] ADCK's Eagles

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[Release] ADCK's Eagles

Post by ADCK »

This OXP is now outdated, please see the newer OXP located here:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10288

Eagle Mk I
Eagle Mk II
Eagle Mk III
Eagle Mk IV

ADCK's Eagles V1.1 OXP

Download Link

Adds 4 Eagle Long Range Fighters to the game, the Mark 1, 2 & 3 are from David Brabens Frontier/FFE. the Mark 4 is my own invention inspired by the other eagles. There are 8 different colours to each Eagle, and 4 player version (the color of these can be changed in the shipdata.plist by easily editing the "diffuse" line.)

This were the first models I have made for Oolite.

For more variety, I suggest downloading Eagle2.oxp, it's completely compatible with this oxp.

This is also a resource, use it in your own oxp's freely. (But be nice and give credit)

(Includes shaders which require Oolite 1.69 or later)

Find this and more OXP's at: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/OXP#Table_of_all_OXPs

Installation:
Before installation, be sure to delete any previous versions of adcks_eagles.oxp
Extract the adcks_eagles.oxp into your Addons directory of Oolite. Just to be sure startup Oolite with the SHIFT-key pressed until you see the spinning CobraMKIII.

Law Stuffs:
The following:

neolite-std.fs
neolite-std.vs

Are original Works of:
Simon Bridge

http://www.hbclinux.net.nz/oolite.html

Everything else:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Is a free modders resource for the community
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And is made by:

Michael Francis AKA
Ancient Dwarven Chaos Knight (ADCK)
[email protected]
Last edited by ADCK on Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
bigmike20vt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by bigmike20vt »

welldone

d/ling now

thanks
Fiat Coupe, helping motorists break the speed limit since 1993.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

/I'm going to upload a 1.1 version sometime in the next few days, after I've got the hang of Griffs Shader tips.
Won't be any diff than the current version other than more colors (and i'll probably make the exhaust look better than the cheap triangles I did :P )
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

I was wondering if there's any sort of formula used to calculate ship pricing/Tech levels used on the default vanilla ships, as I would like the Eagles to follow that formula, I basically pulled the prices out of the air :P
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

No, there is no standard formula. Lestradae has/had a calculation he used, and sorting out the prices was the original vision of Realistic Shipyards.
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ADCK »

New Version!!!

Completely remodeled and retextured!

Couldn't figure out Griffs tips on colouring, so I stuck with 8 set colours for each ship.

See top of page.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Code: Select all

[localization.plurals]: ----- WARNING: 'human-colonial-description' found in descriptions.plist, should be 'human-colonial-description%0'. Localization data needs updating.
  [files.notFound]: GLSL ERROR: failed to find fragment program neolite-std.vs.
[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader neolite-std.vs/neolite-std.fs in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader neolite-std.vs/neolite-std.fs.
[shader.load.fullModeFailed]: ----- WARNING: Could not build shader neolite-std.vs/neolite-std.fs in full complexity mode, trying simple mode.
[shader.load.failed]: ***** ERROR: Could not build shader neolite-std.vs/neolite-std.fs.
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
Well, what's now? :shock:
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

OSH wrote:
Seems you're missing the Neolite.oxp.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Ok, but why isn't this mentioned in description for this OXP? And where can I download Neolite? Wiki link is dead...
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

OSH wrote:
Ok, but why isn't this mentioned in description for this OXP?
Probably because the OXP-author wasn't aware that he had built in a dependency to another OXP. In other words: it's a bug. :wink:
tonyhippy
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by tonyhippy »

I enjoyed gadding about for a while in a markI then a Mark II and then the MarkIII. If you don't mind the lack of missiles (and therefore fuel tanks and other usefull stuff) the zippyness makes these ships fun. Then I "upgraded" to the Mark IV which was a mistake: Still no missiles plus the darned thing is really hard to park and seemed very fragile. Constant loss of equipment and damage caused while docking nearly beggared my poor commander until he got the attention of the Feudal Houses. Finally ditched the old crate for a smashing Dragon M and never looked back. Still, maybe if there's a Mark V that includes a missile pylon and is a bit less clunky I'd give it a go.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

OSH wrote:

[localization.plurals]: ----- WARNING: 'human-colonial-description' found in descriptions.plist, should be 'human-colonial-description%0'. Localization data needs updating.
[loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
What is the impact of not having Neolite available? Does the OXP still work without it? Just wondering what kind of notice I should be putting up on the Wiki...
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

It's just telling you that one shader isn't there (repeated for each ship that references that shader).

Those are generally used to create dynamic visual effects on some of the textures (metallic shine, possibly) - the oxp will still work without any major problem, it'll just be less shiny. In no shaders mode the impact of the missing file will be exactly zero! :P

IIRC, the neolite.oxp zip also had quite a few missing shaders, so maybe some of the effects might not have been there to begin with either.

The neolite shader effects must have been fairly suble too: this problem was not discovered until a few weeks after neolite was released, by which time the computer with the original files was dead - no update with replacement shader code was ever made, as far as I know.

One more thing: the [localization.plurals] line is very likely a byproduct of using the german localisation oxp, and some changes in the way Oolite handles plurals internally.

To avoid that warning, you need to go inside descriptions.plist and modify the following lines

"human-colonial-description"	= "Mensch";
	"human-colonial-description-plural" = "Menschen";
to

"human-colonial-description%0"	= "Mensch";
	"human-colonial-description%1"	= "Menschen";
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
ADCK
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] ADCK's Eagles

Post by ADCK »

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: [Release] ADCK's Eagles

Post by Fatleaf »

Hi ADCK, I was going through the OXP List and putting Y's into the working boxes of oxp's I have tested and saw that this was blank. Does it work with 1.76? If so I could Y the box? It was last updated on Apr 7, 2010.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"