Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Problems with the fuzz – OT

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

sectoid
Above Average
Above Average

Newbie too.

Post by sectoid »

It is also funny that You can sell narcotics to any base in Oolite, just can't take them out of the base. Another funny nuisance, You can pick up slaves from the void of space and You don't even need a passenger Berth. I mean, come on. How many deleted by moderator makes a tonne of slaves :D

-sectoid
- - end of transmission - -

'Mors Certa, Vita Incerta'
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Newbie too.

Post by Chrisfs »

sectoid wrote:
It is also funny that You can sell narcotics to any base in Oolite, just can't take them out of the base. Another funny nuisance, You can pick up slaves from the void of space and You don't even need a passenger Berth. I mean, come on. How many deleted by moderator makes a tonne of slaves :D

-sectoid
Hi,

First off, I would be very careful of your choice of words when discussing slaves. Some words can be very emotionally charged and lead to upset people. If you say the term 'nigger' even in jest in pretty much any place in the US, you will gain at best uneasiness and more likely stern disapproval. It is not a neutral word.

To my knowledge,slaves are kept in cryogenic chambers so they take up less space and don't require a berth and there's no reason the slaves would necessarily be human.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

sectoid: Chrisfs has said it already, I just want to emphasize that you were out of line. Usage of words such as the one you used so lightly is not acceptable. I believe English is not your primary language, but please avoid such terms in the future.
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

To answer the question:

Scooping one escape capsule from space will subtract 2 tonnes of cargo capacity from your ship's cargo hold.

Scooping a cago container which contains slaves from space will subract 1 tonne of cargo capacity from your ship's cargo hold.

Departing from a Station with slaves or narcotics or firearms aboard is considered a violation and will adversely affect your ship's legal status.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
sectoid
Above Average
Above Average

U5A :p

Post by sectoid »

Sorry If my reply offended anyone..
It was NOT written to offend any people, race or other culture.

In my own country it is very normal to state one persons nationality or race.

Didnt know this was an taboo on this board. Very sorry I broked this rule and i should have known better.

Persons who replied to my post should know me before calling me an racist, which Im not.

If You study the worlds history of slaves, though,
you could understand that my bad word was not racism, just a simple remark. Still, when Im reading my post, I do understand what this fuss is all about. Sorry.

Who's bleeding ?

Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

wow :shock: sly edit above
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
sectoid
Above Average
Above Average

Post by sectoid »

Rustybolts wrote:
wow :shock: sly edit above
Off topic ?