Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Funniest/strangest planetary flavor text

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

33tango
Average
Average

Funniest/strangest planetary flavor text

Post by 33tango »

It looks to me like the planetary flavor text is randomized still like it was in Elite, which provides for some funny or strange combinations. Anyone have a good one to share?

i.e. This world is very well known for it's inhabitants ancient loathing of discos and the Esustiian spotted cat.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Funniest/strangest planetary flavor text

Post by Screet »

33tango wrote:
It looks to me like the planetary flavor text is randomized still like it was in Elite, which provides for some funny or strange combinations. Anyone have a good one to share?

i.e. This world is very well known for it's inhabitants ancient loathing of discos and the Esustiian spotted cat.
I still wonder what edible arts graduates are - people studying on how to create edible art or edible people studying art in general? ;)

Screet
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Funniest/strangest planetary flavor text

Post by JensAyton »

Screet wrote:
I still wonder what edible arts graduates are - people studying on how to create edible art or edible people studying art in general? ;)
Well, if you study the system description grammar, it’s clear that “edible” is a creature_attr_adj and “arts graduate” is a tharg_creature_noun_4.
Rustybolts
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rustybolts »

Maybe the thargoids thought Van Gogh was edible, an he didn't cut his own ear off at all :shock: He can't of been very tasty as they left the rest of him!
Last edited by Rustybolts on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STE.+ Firefly/Dragonfly + BlackJacksbullion v.1.23 link below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ca16 ... f6e8ebb871
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Rustybolts wrote:
Maybe the thargoids thought Van Gogh was edible an he did't cut his own ear off at all :shock: He can't of been very tasty as they left the rest of him!
Well, when it's up to trumbles, every living being is edible ;)

Screet
ovvldc
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ovvldc »

Living, dead, inanimate. Trumbles will eat junk food, literally.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

ovvldc wrote:
Living, dead, inanimate. Trumbles will eat junk food, literally.
We should really have some. Would solve the problem with nuclear energy on earth, as they also do eat radioactives ;)

Screet who recently read an excerpt of a lobby-document pro nuclear power which reads that throughout entire earth there has not yet been found a single place where the radioactive waste could be stored safely and given the many years of trying to find one, such a place might never be found :shock:
Chrisfs
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Chrisfs »

The word hoopy makes anything funnier.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Screet wrote:
Screet who recently read an excerpt of a lobby-document pro nuclear power which reads that throughout entire earth there has not yet been found a single place where the radioactive waste could be stored safely and given the many years of trying to find one, such a place might never be found :shock:
But why would a lobby pro nuclear power claim such a thing? Wouldn't they rather argue that the places found so far (salines, deep-see, etc.) are safe enough?
pmw57
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pmw57 »

Commander McLane wrote:
Screet wrote:
But why would a lobby pro nuclear power claim such a thing? Wouldn't they rather argue that the places found so far (salines, deep-see, etc.) are safe enough?
The reason to claim that no place is safe enough, is to give weight to the validity of dumping it where they will. If nowhere is safe, then anywhere is good enough given enough lobbying.
A trumble a day keeps the doctor away, and the tax man;
even the Grim Reaper keeps his distance.
-- Paul Wilkins
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Commander McLane wrote:
It was meant for their own use to make clear how important it would be to get a government change that allows them to continue instead of keeping the current one. Sadly, that did happen...

Screet
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

hey, im studying art, does that make me edble?
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

0235 wrote:
hey, im studying art, does that make me edble?
I would guess that you being a human does make you edible - it's just that common people do not like humans to be eaten, but history does prove otherwise ;)

Screet
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Commander McLane wrote:
Screet wrote:
Because our only chance of developing technology to reduce our stockpiles of long-half-life waste is to continue to develop more advanced forms of nuclear reactors.

But this is definitely a question for Outworld. :-)