Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Who has oolite-linux running?

For discussion of ports to POSIX based systems, especially using GNUStep.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Do you have oolite-linux running?

Yes. I love it!
78%
No. I am running linux but I want to fight with Thargoids, not compilers and libraries :(
17%
No. I don't want linux and am waiting for a bootable CD
4%

Total votes: 23

Rubinstein
Competent
Competent

Post by Rubinstein »

Planetfinder works now! Greeeeaaat!!! :D
@tupe666
Just another guess, since you put the svn checkout line into your starter script (which doesn't make
much sense to me), I would say you just forgot to recompile (make)!? The oolite binary needs the changes
to take place in the .../oolite.app subfolders, which they aren't unless you recompile.
tupe666
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tupe666 »

Thank you for your help.

I use svn trunk because I have the scipt in a directory called oolitesvn so I see no need for another sub-directory.

I have svn in my script because If I'm running an unstable version It might as well be the latest unstable version. And using SVN it downloads only the files that have changed which is great.
Rubinstein
Competent
Competent

Post by Rubinstein »

Ok, just keep in mind that the changes only take place after recompiling...
tupe666
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tupe666 »

2005-08-29 19:04:26.000 oolite[19349] NSApplication.m:203 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to find backend libgnustep-back.bundle
/home/robertr/oolite/trunk/oolite.app/oolite: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSApplication.m:203 Assertion failed in initialize_gnustep_backend. Unable to find backend libgnustep-back.bundle
bah!
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

As I discovered when making the deps package, if you get that message it means GNUstep isn't installed right (perhaps you aren't doing that thing it instructs you to put in your profile when you install - it's important as it sets up paths). Anyway, hopefully that should be irrelevant now (if you just want to play the game) by using the new binary installer. You'll still have to fix it if you want to mess with the source.
tupe666
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tupe666 »

Thank you I noticed the new build 112 about 5 mins after finding a solution.

I found my solution on this http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=100390 I don't know why it stopped working. I don't know why it started working. I hate stuff it when that happens.
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

It happens because it's a Beta! :wink:
Ensa
Competent
Competent

Yep! Couple of issues but they are mine. Great job you guys

Post by Ensa »

The installer just worked on my SUSE 9.3. Unfortunately my pc just doesn't have the meggage so looking for tweaks (posted query on other thread)
Great guys. Thanks. If I was 20 years younger I'd be helping you develop the thing but my brain you know...
:)
E.