Subentities and structures...

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Subentities and structures...

Post by Screet »

Hi,

from the changelog, it reads:
>># Resolved bug that caused ships with subentities to explode inside closed structures and other sudden collisions near bigger ships.<<

Has this been reverted to the version where it's exploding again?

I've tried fuel stations and a thargoid hive with a caduceus...always the same: as long as I've got subentities on that ship, it results in another destroyed caduceus.

Screet
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: Subentities and structures...

Post by Eric Walch »

Screet wrote:
Hi,

from the changelog, it reads:
>># Resolved bug that caused ships with subentities to explode inside closed structures and other sudden collisions near bigger ships.<<

Has this been reverted to the version where it's exploding again?
There was a bug in the collision code that was corrected. With the GRS station you could fly through the arc with version 1.70 but not anymore with version 1.71 and 1.72. The bug that caused that was fixed. But apparently there was another bug in the code and that one is still slumbering somewhere.....
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Subentities and structures...

Post by Screet »

Eric Walch wrote:
There was a bug in the collision code that was corrected. With the GRS station you could fly through the arc with version 1.70 but not anymore with version 1.71 and 1.72. The bug that caused that was fixed. But apparently there was another bug in the code and that one is still slumbering somewhere.....
Guess the one with the rotational crash dependency of subentities is still in!?!

Screet
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Not completely. Fuel stations can often now be used with a Caddy etc, but there are occasions when things go awry. I don't think there has been a definitive finding as to what the trigger is.
Screet
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Screet »

Thargoid wrote:
Not completely. Fuel stations can often now be used with a Caddy etc, but there are occasions when things go awry. I don't think there has been a definitive finding as to what the trigger is.
My guess: A Caduceus uses turrets. Turrets rotate, depending upon the target...

Screet
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Turrets should only aim at a currently selected target. It's a long shot but try flying into a refueller without ident-ing it.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

A not very thorough poke around turns up no fresh info on this infamous bug.. has it been laid to rest in the few months I've been away, or does it still lurk out there, ready to trip up the odd Caddy commander?
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

give me a minute I'll fly one in and see if it go boom! I thought it had been tracked down to a memory issue maybe an orientation issue of the turret hubs. I did the hubs thing. One way to find out.