Unable to buy fuel...

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Unable to buy fuel...

Post by Cows »

I just recently docked at Ensoreus with very little fuel left. I press F3 to buy fuel, only to find that that is not possible. Buying fuel isn't an option! I am running 1.73.01 on Windows 32-bit with OSE 0.67 installed.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Does it happen all the time, or was it a one off? Does it happen without any OXPs in? Do you have a log from that game?
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Does this mean you can still buy fuel at all other stations?

Hopefully you've saved your game at Ensoreus

If that's the case I'd try and remove all the oxps. Hopefully you should be able to buy fuel. If that's the case, I'd exit oolite without saving, then put oxps back inside AddOns one by one, to see when precisely you're suddenly unable to buy the fuel.

If you can't buy fuel with vanilla Oolite, then there's something seriously wrong, and it woudl be great if you could share your save game!

TIA

Kaks.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cows »

I removed all of the oxps, but I still cannot buy fuel, in fact the only thing that appears on my equipment list is beam laser, even though I have much more than that. I didn't know which log to put, so I am just putting the latest.log.

Code: Select all

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.73 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2009-09-04 15:21:21 -0600.
4 processors detected.
Oolite Options: [Procedural Planets] [Docking Clearance] [Wormhole Scanner] [Target Incoming Missiles]

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[joystickHandler.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
[display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 1.4.0 ("1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.1666")
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel Bear Lake B
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (50):
GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_WIN_swap_hint 
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders will not be used (OpenGL extension GL_ARB_shading_language_100 is not available).
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: ---> OXP search paths:
(Resources, ../AddOns)
[dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 5 world scripts: "oolite-cloaking-device" 1.73, "oolite-constrictor-hunt" 1.73, "oolite-nova" 1.73, "oolite-thargoid-plans" 1.73, "oolite-trumbles" 1.73
[dataCache.willWrite]: About to write data cache.
[dataCache.write.success]: Wrote data cache.
Cows
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cows »

Even without oxp's, there is still no fuel to be seen, in fact, nothing appears on the equipment laser even though I own much more than that, and the stuff didn't reappear even when I put the oxps back.
Do you have a log from that game?
Do you mean the latest.log? If so, here it is:

Code: Select all

[log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.73 (x86-32 test release) under Windows at 2009-09-04 15:21:21 -0600.
4 processors detected.
Oolite Options: [Procedural Planets] [Docking Clearance] [Wormhole Scanner] [Target Incoming Missiles]

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

[joystickHandler.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 0
[display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1680 x 1050
[rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 1.4.0 ("1.4.0 - Build 7.15.10.1666")
Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel Bear Lake B
[rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (50):
GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_WIN_swap_hint
[rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders will not be used (OpenGL extension GL_ARB_shading_language_100 is not available).
[searchPaths.dumpAll]: ---> OXP search paths:
(Resources, ../AddOns)
[dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
[script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 5 world scripts: "oolite-cloaking-device" 1.73, "oolite-constrictor-hunt" 1.73, "oolite-nova" 1.73, "oolite-thargoid-plans" 1.73, "oolite-trumbles" 1.73
[dataCache.willWrite]: About to write data cache.
[dataCache.write.success]: Wrote data cache.
EDIT: Oops! The post before this one should be deleted somehow. :? :oops:
And also, I just noticed I can still buy stations even though I removed OSE! :shock:
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Cows wrote:
I just noticed I can still buy stations even though I removed OSE! :shock:
Did you hold down the SHIFT key when starting up?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Disembodied wrote:
Cows wrote:
I just noticed I can still buy stations even though I removed OSE! :shock:
Did you hold down the SHIFT key when starting up?
In this case he wouldn't need to, as the OXP paths have changed and the cache is stale (as the log says), so the program rebuilt it.
Although the fact that stations still seem to be purchasable is odd given that, as if the cache wasn't fully rebuilt properly or something...
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Cows wrote:
EDIT: Oops! The post before this one should be deleted somehow. :?
You should see a button like this: Image in the top right of your own posts.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Cows, the only explanation that kind-of-seems-to fit, is that maybe the files inside Resources are now mixed with some files from oxps.

If that's really the case, then backup, remove and reinstall oolite might be the quickest solution to these problems.

Before doing anything that drastic, I'd copy the save games to a different place too just in case...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)