Can't buy any weapons :-(

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Can't buy any weapons :-(

Post by Greyman »

Is it just me or is there anybody else who isn't able to buy any new laser under 1.73.0.1? :cry:

When trying to buy a new laser (it doesn't matter which one) only the clock is adjusted and the cursor box jumps to the first item in the Ship outfitting screen instead of asking where I want my new gun fitted. I tried different ships and different save games. Oh, and yes, I do have enough cash :-)

Curently I don't have any OXPs installed. The crash-timer-test-OXP didn't crash, so I removed it. The latest.log doesn't print out any error messages and now I'm at a loss here.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.8 with 4 GByte of RAM on a MacbookPro from 2008.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Confirmed.
Greyman
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Greyman »

This being the second time that I'm the first to complain makes me rather uneasy. I hope you will forgive me for being a pain in the a** :oops:

But since this is the friendliest board in the universe I guess I won't be thrown out through the front door :D
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Greyman wrote:
This being the second time that I'm the first to complain makes me rather uneasy. I hope you will forgive me for being a pain in the a** :oops:

But since this is the friendliest board in the universe I guess I won't be thrown out through the front door :D
THis is a test release of 1.73 - you should be proud of your status of top notch bug finder!

Get this man a new BB icon! :wink:
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Thanks for the quick feedback.

I'm the 'clever' person who introduced that bug at the last minute... I was reading the changelog and one of the items in the changes between oolite 1.72 & 1.72.1 read

* playerBoughtEquipment event now fires even when equipment cost is 0.

I'd modified the way that specific event worked just 3 days before, and I knew I had disabled it from firing when the equipment cost was 0.

My last minute change (in v2320) re-enabled it to fire when the equipment cost was 0, but as I did that, I also made this n00b mistake too. :(

edit: corrected in both trunk and maintenance now.
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Does this mean the fix has been applied to the oolite-1.73.0.1-test-mac-full.zip and oolite-1.73.0.1-test-mac-update.zip at BerliOS? Because if not, there are at least half a dozen potential upset customers out there already...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

The fix will go in for v1.73.1.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

And it's not just the Mac, I get the same problem on WinXP.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Darn.. temporarily disabling downloads at my alternate site.. :(
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Yep, unfortunately it looks like 1.73 shipped with a bug that cripples playability very badly. This means that 1.73.1 will be coming out sooner than you might think.