Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Galaxy 3 - Honey Spot

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

Galaxy 3 - Honey Spot

Post by Hemlock »

I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence or not but I must have found the perfect honey spot in Galaxy 3.

I hopped over there in my Mosquito Trader looking for a little change of scenery...and found this:

Rich Industrial Corporate State - Lezaer - TL 14
Poor Agricultural Multi Govt. - Esmaonbe - TL 4

Nothing strange about that I hear you say....what is wrong with this pilot
:roll:

The thing is they are so close together that the Hyperspace uses zero fuel to travel between them...so it would seem I can trade to my hearts content and never use any fuel.....

Gotta love this :D
Commander Hemlock
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Galaxy 3 - Honey Spot

Post by ClymAngus »

Hemlock wrote:
I'm not sure if this is pure coincidence or not but I must have found the perfect honey spot in Galaxy 3.

I hopped over there in my Mosquito Trader looking for a little change of scenery...and found this:

The thing is they are so close together that the Hyperspace uses zero fuel to travel between them...so it would seem I can trade to my hearts content and never use any fuel.....

Yes that's one of the ones I had to move apart for the maps because they are practically right on top of each other. There are a lot of systems like that floating around.

gal5 171,247 springs to mind.
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Galaxy 3 - Honey Spot

Post by CptnEcho »

Hemlock wrote:

I already knew about it and am already there. And there's an Anarchy system within a few light years too (for riskier endeavors).
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

additionally -- to the East -- there are 2 other trading pairs for when stocks run low on Esmaonbe; or you can visit the 3 industrials 1st to fill up with computers/narcotics/woteva then return to Esmaonbe filling up with furs (as you unload the other stuff) and Ho! for Lezaer & the big pay-off. This is good in a Boa Class Cruiser. It would be even better if it held 250 tons and did .875c (or something).
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
It would be even better if it held 250 tons and did .875c (or something).
If you edit the appropriate plist it can... (just be careful not to crash into things when the Torus drive cuts out... it takes a while to slow down from that speed!)
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

I want to buy one.

And it ought to be rare so that I have to run around all over the place to get it. In that way these honey-spots are discovered. There is another one somewhere -- arranged in a little circle with suitable trading partners available and excellent night-life. I suppose I'd better check where it is..

EDIT it is near the Xeer Free Trade Zone (I think)
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

Zbond-Zbond wrote:
additionally -- to the East -- there are 2 other trading pairs for when stocks run low on Esmaonbe; or you can visit the 3 industrials 1st to fill up with computers/narcotics/woteva then return to Esmaonbe filling up with furs (as you unload the other stuff) and Ho! for Lezaer & the big pay-off. This is good in a Boa Class Cruiser. It would be even better if it held 250 tons and did .875c (or something).
kirin cv does a good cargo capacity with a slightly faster turn of speed. But then it is as big as a house.

174x355x42.7

In fact if you flew 3 anacondas in close triangular formation below a kirin you wouldn't see them. They are a little thicker however.

Still, can't argue with the rear twin convergent tail-gater haters and the 400 ton cargo capacity.
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

so where is this kirin?
ramon
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ramon »

i'm in galaxy 3 at the moment - i'm going to head right over there. great find. time to get rich quick.

PS. Mosquito Trader's a great ship isn't it :wink:
Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hemlock »

ramon wrote:

PS. Mosquito Trader's a great ship isn't it :wink:
Yes it is...and just for the rubber-neckers out there.....here is a picture of my ship leaving the Gulag.....

And if this does not come out...perhaps one of the forum gurus would help please...thanks

H
Commander Hemlock
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

As requested.. Photobucket is your friend.. :D

Mosquito Trader leaving Astromine Penal Colony.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

downloading kirin.zip now - thanks for recommendation.

Sweet Spot ERROR

The circular trading route I mentioned earlier is wrong. It is the nearby group comprising
Labeinla (whole group visible here)
Enqurale
Becedibi
Lavele
Quraa
Tilala
Orermala
Edrilain
Raondile

A nice sprinkling of FreeTradeZones for your precious metals and piracy opportunities, and detour is even available to Qudior & Reesquen if prices fall off.
Hemlock
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Hemlock »

Thank you Diziet Sma :D Now everyone can see what a fine vessel I have.

Erm...if you could send me a pm to walk me through posting the pictures that would be great...forgive me but I am old, infirm and computerly stupid.

I wonder if 'computerly' is a word....if not it should be :roll:
Commander Hemlock
Zbond-Zbond
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zbond-Zbond »

That mosquito sure looks menacing departing the red facility, and the cyrillic "GULAG" adds to the ambience of the scene.

Have you tried the gift of a Quirium mine left with these commie factories? (can be planted quite accurately by flying through gaps in the architecture).