Rules on classified ads?

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

JohnnyBoy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Rules on classified ads?

Post by JohnnyBoy »

I'm selling a Mac Mini and I just wondered if it was permitted for Ooliteers to offer stuff to each other on this forum.

The last thing that I would want to do is upset the Intergalactic Spam Assassins... :shock:

John.
"That's no vicious Treeoid. That's my wife."
Cmdr James
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Cmdr James »

I cannot speak about the official policy (if there is one), but I certainly wouldnt mind, for genuine members only, to place a single advert for something that might be of interest. Either computers or elite memorabilia. I think people should not be registering just to sell comuters, and I dont want to see more than one or two per person, or per week, but as long as its at a lowish level.
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

You might prefer to use the forums of http://www.motherboards.org for your purposes. They have a forum category for what you're intending.
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
JohnnyBoy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JohnnyBoy »

CptnEcho wrote:
You might prefer to use the forums of http://www.motherboards.org for your purposes. They have a forum category for what you're intending.
Thanks for that, Cptn Echo.

I've listed it on another two forums but if there's no interest by this evening, then it looks like I'm going to have to pay
  • the listing fee
  • the extra photos fee
  • the selling fee
  • the "transfer your own money out of PayPal" fee
  • and the "You've sold something this month, so we're just going to help ourselves to £1.50 from your bank account" fee
to eBay.

At least the robbers on Oolite identify themselves with a missile lock... :roll:
JohnnyBoy
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JohnnyBoy »

On Sunday, I put the Mac Mini on eBay with a "Buy it now" price. Sold it today to a guy in Devon. Cool! 8)